snipercheeta

Default Whirlpool Tumble Dryer AWZ 541

I have owned the above for about 6 years and, whilst its got power, it's
stopped heating. I was going to try a new heating element but wonder if
only professionals should attempt this job, or whether it is as
straight forward changing a printer cartridge. I have no manual so it
will be a bit of learn as you go. Has anyone done it and can they
advise?

THANKS.

--
snipercheeta
Appliance Repair Aid

snipercheeta wrote:
I have owned the above for about 6 years and, whilst its got power, it's
stopped heating. I was going to try a new heating element but wonder if
only professionals should attempt this job, or whether it is as
straight forward changing a printer cartridge. I have no manual so it
will be a bit of learn as you go. Has anyone done it and can they
advise?

THANKS.

--
snipercheeta

Hi,

A UK style appliance? If yes, one of these places may be able to
help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

A UK style appliance? If yes, one of these places may be able to help....

http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

They don't seem to sell Swan or Russell Hobbes electric teakettles.
I just installed a 3 kW 240 V Swan in my kitchen, removing the 13 A
fused plug and wiring the line cord into my 3-wire range with spade
disconnects. (How many NEC violations is that? :-)

It boils water in less than a minute with five times the microwave's
power and twice the efficiency, then instantly turns itself off.

GE makes a wimpy 1500 watt 120 V version, about $30 at Wal-Mart.
At 6 kW on 240 V, 249 V at my house, its 6548 watts might boil
a cup of 60 F water in 3600x0.5(212-60)/(6548x3.142) = 12.4 seconds,
within the dual 40 amp range breaker capacity, altho that might
shorten the life of the heating element and burn out the pilot light.
Where can I buy a new thermostat for my old Russell Hobbes?

And a "Crash-a-Witch" hugging a bundle of burned-out flourescent tubes
might look cool hanging from a nylon rope over the 25 kV transmission
line on the telephone pole above my mailbox. How close would she have
to be to light up?

Nick, EE gone wrong.

Tumble Dryer venting Bill UK diy 33 October 11th 05 08:32 PM
Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Home Repair 7 July 14th 05 02:09 PM
Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Electronics Repair 6 July 14th 05 11:14 AM
Whirlpool Gas Dryer Daremo Home Repair 2 February 21st 05 03:44 AM
Cost of using a tumble dryer DavyW UK diy 10 October 29th 04 09:27 AM