de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

Default Hardware for bi-fold doors

Can replacement hardware be purchased for bi-fold doors? I know this seems
like a simple question but my local (little town) hardware/grocery
store/USPS office was thoroughly confused by the question. I would be
looking for the suspension hardware that makes the door move in the upper
tract (there is no lower tract on this door).

Is it worth replacing? Does the door function correctly with replacement
hardware or is it easier/less aggravating in the long run to replace the
whole unit?

Thx.
Giselle

Tim Fischer

"de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies" wrote in message
Is it worth replacing? Does the door function correctly with replacement
hardware or is it easier/less aggravating in the long run to replace the
whole unit?

You might be able to get replacement parts, but each bifold door system is
different and you'd have to know your brand/model and probably get the parts
from the manufacturer.

You can order a new door it which will pretty much drop right into the door.
This will include the track, rollers, lower pivot, and additional parts.
You may or may not need to replace all those parts to get the door working.

-Tim

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...
In article , de Fragile Warrior Sports
Supplies wrote:

Can replacement hardware be purchased for bi-fold doors? I know this
seems
like a simple question but my local (little town) hardware/grocery
store/USPS office was thoroughly confused by the question. I would be
looking for the suspension hardware that makes the door move in the upper
tract (there is no lower tract on this door).

Is it worth replacing? Does the door function correctly with replacement
hardware or is it easier/less aggravating in the long run to replace the
whole unit?

Thx.
Giselle

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/

Excellent hardware, excellent service and pretty good prices.

I have no connection with this company, I'm just a satisfied customer.]

John

Great site. Thanks, John. And thank you, too, Tim. I appreciate the
guidance. I think I might try replacing the hardware before I give up and
replace the entire door. (Heck, for a while now I've been using some
jimmied-up screw and washer to make it work.

Giselle

Tim Fischer

I think I might try replacing the hardware before I give up and replace
the entire door. (Heck, for a while now I've been using some jimmied-up
screw and washer to make it work.

If by "door" you mean the actual wood door, you shouldn't need to replace
that, unless it's badly damaged. '

If by "door" you mean "the entire hardware kit" then disregard this g.

-Tim

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
. ..
I think I might try replacing the hardware before I give up and replace
the entire door. (Heck, for a while now I've been using some jimmied-up
screw and washer to make it work.

If by "door" you mean the actual wood door, you shouldn't need to replace
that, unless it's badly damaged. '

If by "door" you mean "the entire hardware kit" then disregard this g.

-Tim

By door I meant, "if I can't make this damn wooden thing fold open and
closed without falling off the tract and hitting me in the head three times
a week then I'm going to burn it on the trash pile and laugh while I do it".

So I guess I'm trying hardware replacement first.

Did that make sense?

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing--beware Quality Doors from Texas! Rock Home Repair 3 September 1st 05 10:53 PM
mdf wardrobe doors gary watson UK diy 10 October 27th 04 04:04 PM
Any Ideas How To Replace Rotted Wood Panels On French Doors? Ron Home Repair 5 March 20th 04 06:52 PM
Stripped doors in Edinburg (experience; long) robin UK diy 0 September 1st 03 01:49 PM