john246

Default TOILET HLEP!!!

I just installed a new flap in my toilet but now you must hold the handle
down for the waste to go down..before I installed the new flap all you had
to do was just push the handle down & everything was fine..how or what did I
do wrong..I tried adjusting the chain that came with the flap,,HELP

backyard farmer

John,
Toilets are a mystery at times, but it sounds to me like the "flap"
isn't staying "up" long enough to generate a good siphon. With the top
tank open, adjust the chain length between the handle arm and flapper
by shortening it until the flapper stays up after you depress the
handle. There is a "touch" to the adjustment and you may have to do
this three or four times till it is just right.
Good Luck!
Backyard Farmer

Don Phillipson

"john246" wrote in message

I just installed a new flap in my toilet but now you must hold the handle
down for the waste to go down..before I installed the new flap all you had
to do was just push the handle down & everything was fine..how or what did

do wrong..I tried adjusting the chain that came with the flap,,HELP

We assume you installed the flapper valve right side up. . .

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Shirley Thebaglady

Default TOILET HLEP!!!.John

John. I have the sample problem you do.
Now mine is leaking from the tank, just a little bit of water running. I
can see it but there is not the noise of running water.
I had put a new flap and chain in our tank too.
I have to hold the handle down for months now. Now this problem.

It costs $75. for a plumber to walk through the door, so I am waiting if
I have to call him for something else.

shirley