Default Stuck windows

We have double pane windows. I noticed that one of the windows got
stuck. We didn't paint them or anything. They came with the house and
are 4 years old. This window is one of the frequently opened windows in
the house. During this summer since the A/C was on, we didn't open it
for 3 months or so. When the weather got better, we tried to open it
and it was very hard to open and even harder to close.

We never lubricated the window since we bought the house. Should we
lubricate the window once in a while? What kind of lube should we use
for this? Will this fix the problem?

Thanks.

OP here. Thanks for reply.
I'm not at home right now so I'll take best guess at this.
As I mentioned we use this window quite a bit but didn't use it in the
last 3 months.
It's a metal window. When I open the window, there's a metal rod on
either side along the edges of the window (is this what you call metal
track?)
I think the window frame was painted four years ago when the house was
built.
We live in Texas so it gets upper 90's and lower 100's in summer.
Currently it's around upper 80's for highs.

I hope someone can offer suggestions based on this. If you need more
info, please let me know. Thanks.

Colbyt

wrote in message
ups.com...
OP here. Thanks for reply.
I'm not at home right now so I'll take best guess at this.
As I mentioned we use this window quite a bit but didn't use it in the
last 3 months.
It's a metal window. When I open the window, there's a metal rod on
either side along the edges of the window (is this what you call metal
track?)
I think the window frame was painted four years ago when the house was
built.
We live in Texas so it gets upper 90's and lower 100's in summer.
Currently it's around upper 80's for highs.

I hope someone can offer suggestions based on this. If you need more
info, please let me know. Thanks.

Once you get it open and moving you can use silicone spray lube. Buy it at
an auto supply store or department. It is safe to use on vinyl, metal and
wood windows. Plain old canning wax works really well for wood windows
also.

Colbyt

LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
Stuck windows david Home Repair 1 December 24th 04 04:22 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Repair 11 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Ownership 9 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM