JaxDawg

Default Air cleaner causing interference

Hi all...
By a stroke of luck, I was able to determine that my Honeywell air
cleaner is causing much interference with a couple of wireless devices
in my home. The interesting thing is - it doesn't even have to be
turned on, just plugged in to cause the interference.
I've seen threads similar to this with other appliances, but nothing
that made any sense to me that could fix it. Is that true? The only
real option is replacing the device with something else? There isn't a
filter, etc that it could be plugged into?

Thanks for your help!

Mark

JaxDawg wrote:
Hi all...
By a stroke of luck, I was able to determine that my Honeywell air
cleaner is causing much interference with a couple of wireless devices
in my home. The interesting thing is - it doesn't even have to be
turned on, just plugged in to cause the interference.
I've seen threads similar to this with other appliances, but nothing
that made any sense to me that could fix it. Is that true? The only
real option is replacing the device with something else? There isn't a
filter, etc that it could be plugged into?

Thanks for your help!

what kind of wireless devices

what kind of interference

does it interfere with the TV with rabbit ears (not cable TV) or radio

Mark

Joseph Meehan

Mark wrote:
JaxDawg wrote:
Hi all...
By a stroke of luck, I was able to determine that my Honeywell air
cleaner is causing much interference with a couple of wireless
devices in my home. The interesting thing is - it doesn't even have
to be turned on, just plugged in to cause the interference.
I've seen threads similar to this with other appliances, but nothing
that made any sense to me that could fix it. Is that true? The only
real option is replacing the device with something else? There
isn't a filter, etc that it could be plugged into?

Thanks for your help!

what kind of wireless devices

what kind of interference

does it interfere with the TV with rabbit ears (not cable TV) or radio

Mark

Do you mean X-10 devices? If so I believe they have some filters
available. Try www.smarthome.com

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

JaxDawg

Its a wireless phone jack that I'm having problems with (static on the
phone when its used). Since my original post, I've been able to find a
short term solution by using the air cleaner on a different circuit
(pluged it into different outlets until it went away). That seems to
have fixed it for now, anyway...
Thanks!

Joseph Meehan

JaxDawg wrote:
Its a wireless phone jack that I'm having problems with (static on the
phone when its used). Since my original post, I've been able to find
a short term solution by using the air cleaner on a different circuit
(pluged it into different outlets until it went away). That seems to
have fixed it for now, anyway...
Thanks!

You should be able to find a filter that would work at the phone or at
the air cleaner. My guess is the air cleaner is dirtying up one phase of
your power. That would mean about half of the plugs would be a problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

SJF

"JaxDawg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all...
By a stroke of luck, I was able to determine that my Honeywell air
cleaner is causing much interference with a couple of wireless devices
in my home. The interesting thing is - it doesn't even have to be
turned on, just plugged in to cause the interference.
I've seen threads similar to this with other appliances, but nothing
that made any sense to me that could fix it. Is that true? The only
real option is replacing the device with something else? There isn't a
filter, etc that it could be plugged into?

Thanks for your help!

Radio Shack used to sell a magnetic core, sort of a squared toroid, that
would isolate a radio frequency generator from the power line. You wrap as
many turns of the power cord through the opening as you can. Even better is
the core from a salvaged television flyback transformer if you can come up
with one. These devices also work on the power input to sensitive
electronic devices such as my sprinkler timer which used to activate when I
operated on amateur radio.

SJF

Pool cleaner hose connection problem, Slightly OT mclorson Metalworking 5 July 27th 05 12:39 AM
Trane Electrical Interference GALIER Home Repair 9 April 13th 05 03:00 PM
Pool cleaner floating Mike Home Repair 2 May 5th 04 02:44 PM
Kenmore (Sears) Water Softener Cleaner -- How often? L. Dwynn Lafleur Home Repair 4 January 25th 04 07:28 AM
*repost* RF interference *please read* Lydokane Electronics 9 October 10th 03 01:40 PM