Jim M

Default TrafficMaster Laminate...My Experience

Here's a quick report of my experience with TM laminate.

I just laid down about 160 sq ft of Traffic MasterTuscan Cherry "Original"
Laminate. I bought on sale at Home Dep. for $1.47 sq ft. ...ultra cheap! It
looked good in the store.

We put it in a dinning room which is a low traffic area. I had considered
putting it in a big living center as well; but rejected the idea after
working with it.

I took my time and cut and fitted the peices together as perfectly as
possible. We used a flat foam underlayment that was recommended. It turned
out well, nice tight job.

The planks were manufactured very precisley for the most part but there was
a plank or two per box that would not fit together as tight as I liked.

Under incandescent light the 'boards' look real and beautiful. Under natural
light the 'wood image' look a bit flat and the rectangular outlines of the
planks stand out more, making the floor look artificial. We installed the
planks parellel to sunlight streaming into a window which is also the
'long-way' of the room.

I have my doubts about the durability of the floor. It is esentially
manufactured like cheap presswood furnature whith a hard chemical coating
(aluminum oxide?) on it.

For the low price it was worth a try. It can be removed easily if begins to
look shabby.