Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Shower base support??

Hello,
I have an unfinshed basement that i am working on to complete. I have
80% of the sheetrocking up in the basement and am working on completing
the plumbing for my bathroom so it can be sheetrocked. I bought a 3
piece shower to put in my bathroom and when working on it last night i
steped down from one of the seats in the shower and heard a slight
cracking sound like the base had cracked. I looked at the base but
didnt' see anything as far as cracks or damage goes. The shower seems
very sturdy and rigid but should i rip the thing out and get it
replaced without even seeing a crack or would it be wise to try and
pull it up and put some quickcreat underneath it to give it some added
support and just go with it? I should have maybe done the quickcrete
option right away but the shower seemed very sturdy and rigid from the
getgo and sits darn near right on the floor so there isnt much of a gap
between the shower and the floor. Any suggestions? Thanks for the
help in advance.