SteveB

Default Why is it that ....................

I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

Rich

Americans can't be that stupid, they're a bunch of bullys but they aren't
stupid. I would say that the Canadians are the stupid ones by statistics,
design, evolution etc. etc. Dumb ****s couldn't even keep the French out of
the damn smelly place, but wait a minute the French are just as stupid.

.. .
"SteveB" wrote in message
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All

they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but

he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

chemqueries

SteveB wrote:
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.
They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.
Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.
Sheesh. Steve

Hi. That is so annoying! I don't know where you live, but if you live
in an area of the country where they have Angie's List, I recommend
joining it. Angie's List (AL) is an organization that lists and rates
service people, repair people, and similar organizations. The
homeowners who are members of Angie's List rate and grade the service
people. You can read the reports on the Internet or call the Angie's
List telephone number and have them help you. The companies listed on
AL are not allowed to rate themselves and they cannot pay to be on the
list. The list is based solely on feedback from homeowners who are
members of AL.

I joined AL this year. So far, I've used about five of the services
recommended by my local Angie's List, and overall, I'm very pleased.
The only one I had reservations about was the plumber I chose. I spent
a long time researching and reading member-reports on many of the
plumbers listed. Even the highly rated ones were not so well rated as
far as price. The plumber I chose was very expensive, and I'm still
uncertain whether I would recommend them. As I said, every other
business has been very good to excellent, and they were all very
prompt. A couple of them called me a few minutes before they arrived to
tell me they were on their way.

The Angie's List website is: www.angieslist.com. Their telephone number
is 1-888-715-3941. If you do have an Angie's List office in your area,
they will have a local phone number as well.

Muvin Gruvin

least you got to talk to a human when you phoned......most of the time
its press 1, press 2, press 3, press 4.....how does any business ever
get done? And besides my time is just as valuable as theirs.....why do I
have to listen to all the ^&%^%&^%& options?

Brian

americans are stupid&lazy by design and nature, that is why the chinese took
over all industry.

1) No Chinese cheated by fixing they currency at lower (8x) dollar
levels.
2) Repuks are making money on that scheme, they don't want to act.
3) Most economists predict bad impact on china should US impose
tariffs.
4) Another pretty retarded story is that the most IMF/World bank money
goes into
China & India; where Chinese/Indian government pockets all the profits
and US taxpayers pays for Chinese/India poor.

It is amazing to me people complaining about lack of employment and
supporting crooks like W, Cheney, Wolfie, Tom DeLay, Frist and they
cronies.

If you are a republican to deserve what is coming to you.

W Bush nickname should be "can't get anything right".

SteveB wrote:
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

Yep. Real **** heads. I had a quote from a crew who were installing
some windows. We picked a date and agreed to it. I told them that I
would be taking an annual leave day from work in order to be home for
the window job. They were so sure they would show up that they agreed
to pay me for my day off if they never showed. They put this in writing
on the quote. Low and behold, the day of the job was sunny and warm but
they never showed. I never asked them why but - true to their word when
the job was done they knocked a days wages off of the final cost to
compensate for my lost leave day. Time is money.

SteveB

"G Hensley" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All
they had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but
he would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

Ask *him*, crybaby.

You are a ****ing idiot, and this will be my last response to you. You
don't even deserve this one.

Now run off like a good little toad and pop some pimples.

Steve

Plonk

SteveB

Tree is located in Iron County Utah.

Steve

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
If you live in Raleigh area of NC call Jackson's tree service. I've used
them for over a decade in multiple homes.

NickySantoro

We can spell "bullies" correctly, though.

Plonk!

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:46:57 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

Americans can't be that stupid, they're a bunch of bullys but they aren't
stupid. I would say that the Canadians are the stupid ones by statistics,
design, evolution etc. etc. Dumb ****s couldn't even keep the French out of
the damn smelly place, but wait a minute the French are just as stupid.

. ..
"SteveB" wrote in message
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All

they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but

he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

G Hensley

NickySantoro wrote:
We can spell "bullies" correctly, though.

Plonk!

You really seem to have a spelling fetish.
SteveB

"NickySantoro" wrote in message
We can spell "bullies" correctly, though.

Plonk!

You know, Nick, at times people have accused me of having a spelling fetish.
I don't think I do, I just like to read words spelled correctly.

We have many people ranting and raving here about politics, morality, and
all manner of things, yet they can't use the words their/they're or
your/you're correctly. And when it comes to capitalization or correct
spelling, they seem to think that if they spell it so that it looks like
what they want to say, it is okay. They can't even use a SpellChecker,
because that involves a series of moves that requires intelligence and
logic.

How can anyone present a credible plausible point of view using such
methods? I mean, if they didn't pay attention enough in spelling class
(which is easy), how are they going to learn politics, history, current
events, international agreements, and the like. They surely would have
slept through those classes or just failed them all together. Anyone who
can't spell surely can't understand foreign trade policies.

Most who post here who can't conjugate verbs, spell correctly, or use proper
grammar and syntax are just adolescents with a mind full of opinions, bias
and anger. The others are past 21, and their minds are in the same
condition because of lack of education or attention to news and current
events. Most are bitter because they don't have the education they need to
go out and live the lifestyle they think they are entitled to by merely
being an American citizen. Someone in another country is always "stealing"
their job, or an evil corporation is taking advantage in some way.

Yet, they ignore the fact that they have two helping hands, one at the end
of each of their arms. All they need to do is have the brain to make the
left one and the right one work together. But alas. They are too busy
watching MTV, playing video games, getting stoned, skateboarding, or
sleeping to make it happen.

Just say no to them, ignore them.

Don't feed the illiterate ignorant trolls. (ignorance - those who don't
want to learn)

Steve

G Hensley

SteveB wrote:
Tree is located in Iron County Utah.

Steve

Where your brain is buried.
G Hensley

SteveB wrote:
"G Hensley" wrote in message

SteveB wrote:

I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All
they had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but
he would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

Ask *him*, crybaby.

You are a ****ing idiot, and this will be my last response to you. You
don't even deserve this one.

Now run off like a good little toad and pop some pimples.

Steve

Plonk

You are a ****ing blowhard.
G Hensley

SteveB wrote:

kicked over Stevie's soapbox

Steve

Blow it out your ass, useless.
JerryL

[...]

Then there are the ones who vocabulary is limited to words like "Asswipe",
"****ing Idiot", "****ing Blowhard", etc., etc.
They preach all kinds of things on the newsgroup yet they are the biggest
violaters and detriment to the group.

G Hensley

JerryL wrote:

Then there are the ones who vocabulary is limited to words like "Asswipe",
"****ing Idiot", "****ing Blowhard", etc., etc.

But all of those names fit you so appropriately.

They preach all kinds of things on the newsgroup yet they are the biggest
violaters and detriment to the group.

Yes. You are. Go find somewhere else to set up your political soapbox,
pussy.

JerryL

"G Hensley" wrote in message
JerryL wrote:

Then there are the ones who vocabulary is limited to words like
"Asswipe", "****ing Idiot", "****ing Blowhard", etc., etc.

But all of those names fit you so appropriately.

They preach all kinds of things on the newsgroup yet they are the biggest
violaters and detriment to the group.

Yes. You are. Go find somewhere else to set up your political soapbox,
pussy.

You know, you were not here for about a week and it was so nice. People
asked questions and others replied in a civil manner. Your problem is that
you have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brains. If you can't
say something nice and contructive why don't you keep your hands off the
keys and back up your ass where they belong.

G Hensley

JerryL wrote:
why don't you keep your hands off the
keys and back up your ass where they belong.

Your nose is in the way. STFU and just chase the little ball, bitch.

BTW, it's flattering that you counted the days until I got back, but as
hard as you try I'm not gay so I won't be joining you and SteveB for a
felch party at your local motel 6.

Look it up asswipe.
JerryL

"G Hensley" wrote in message
JerryL wrote:
why don't you keep your hands off the keys and back up your ass where
they belong.

Your nose is in the way. STFU and just chase the little ball, bitch.

BTW, it's flattering that you counted the days until I got back, but as
hard as you try I'm not gay so I won't be joining you and SteveB for a
felch party at your local motel 6.

Look it up asswipe.

These newsgroups are marvelous. They allow idiots like you, who would never
dare open a mouth in public or face to face with someone else, a forum to
show the world their ignorance. You can hide behind the keyboard and spout
your stupidity without the fear that someone will knock you on your ass. I
wonder how brave you are facing a real human and calling them an asswipe.
Crawl back in your trolling hole and let reasonable people communicate with
each other in a social and informative way.

SteveB

"JerryL" wrote

These newsgroups are marvelous. They allow idiots like you, who would
never dare open a mouth in public or face to face with someone else, a
forum to show the world their ignorance. You can hide behind the keyboard
and spout your stupidity without the fear that someone will knock you on
your ass. I wonder how brave you are facing a real human and calling them
an asswipe. Crawl back in your trolling hole and let reasonable people
communicate with each other in a social and informative way.

Thank you Jerry. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one getting
irritated. Mr. Hensley seems to have this obsession with me, and will
answer everything I write, even when it is to others. I expect him to
comment on this. But at least he's in the killfile, and I don't see all his
stuff. Like pigeons, though, you can tell he's been somewhere.............

Steve

JerryL

"SteveB" wrote in message

"JerryL" wrote

[...]

It appears he only logs on for a short period of time to spit his venom then
logs off. I guess his mother comes home from work and chases him off the
computer. I have never seen such a negative and nasty person on here. He
discourages the other users from posting a question or remark which is what
we're all here for.

Dr. Hardcrab

"JerryL" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

JerryL

snip

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

You are right except even if you killfile him you see his stupid replies
quoted in other messages.

SteveB

"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

You are right except even if you killfile him you see his stupid replies
quoted in other messages.

Ever have to go to a family function and put up with a nasty relative for an
hour or two?

After a while, it gets easier, and you learn how to avoid them.

Then, in a perverse way, it is fun to sit back and watch them glom on to
some unsuspecting deer in the headlights newcomer.

Steve

G Hensley

SteveB wrote:
"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

Geez, gotta a whole pack of stray mutts chasing the bone now.
G Hensley

JerryL wrote:
"G Hensley" wrote in message

JerryL wrote:

[...]

Pot - Kettle - Black

And you're the toughest mofo on the block, right? You're full of ****,
felcher. Go back to suckin' Steve's vienna sausage and leave real
advice to the pros.

G Hensley

JerryL wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

You boyees should get a room. Your slobbering all over each other is
embarrassing the 'straight' partrons.
Amun

"JerryL" wrote

[...]

Oh, you think helseae just wants you alone.
I had the nerve to question his idiocy about tile work

Watch the doorknobs nose go red once he sees me here.
I plonked the idiot weeks back but he's making me famous.

Everyone reads my posts now.
At least the ones who haven't plonked him
LOL

AMUN

Dr. Hardcrab

"SteveB" wrote in message

"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

You are right except even if you killfile him you see his stupid replies
quoted in other messages.

Ever have to go to a family function and put up with a nasty relative for
an hour or two?

After a while, it gets easier, and you learn how to avoid them.

Then, in a perverse way, it is fun to sit back and watch them glom on to
some unsuspecting deer in the headlights newcomer.

O.K. I agree...LOL

It's like coming up on a car accident.....gotta look......

SteveB

"Amun" wrote

Oh, you think helseae just wants you alone.
I had the nerve to question his idiocy about tile work

AMUN

Does he actually know anything about anything? Can't tell, but as far as I
know, I have seen only one post where he talked about anything related to
home improvement. He's proficient at cursing and threatening (bwaaahaaa),
just like a real home improver. Probably just gets his nose smacked a lot
in public, and has to come here and try to be the boss bantee rooster. And,
probably isn't allowed to touch his Dad's power tools, either.

Steve

JerryL

" Does he actually know anything about anything? Can't tell, but as far as
know, I have seen only one post where he talked about anything related to
home improvement. He's proficient at cursing and threatening (bwaaahaaa),
just like a real home improver. Probably just gets his nose smacked a lot
in public, and has to come here and try to be the boss bantee rooster.
And, probably isn't allowed to touch his Dad's power tools, either.

Steve

Actually, he's very mechanically inclined. Except that his mouth is running
at 8000 RPM before his brain cuts in.

Amun

"JerryL" wrote in message

" Does he actually know anything about anything? Can't tell, but as far

as
know, I have seen only one post where he talked about anything related

home improvement. He's proficient at cursing and threatening

(bwaaahaaa),
just like a real home improver. Probably just gets his nose smacked a

lot
in public, and has to come here and try to be the boss bantee rooster.
And, probably isn't allowed to touch his Dad's power tools, either.

Steve

Actually, he's very mechanically inclined. Except that his mouth is

running
at 8000 RPM before his brain cuts in.

Welcome to usenet where the helsees of the world know it all.
The scary part is he probably has lived in apartments all his life and never
even owned a screwdriver.

And the rest of us just have to make due somehow doing things the way we've
done them for years.
Killfile idiots like that and usenet still is not a bad place.

AMUN

SteveB

"Amun" wrote

Killfile idiots like that and usenet still is not a bad place.

AMUN

Usenet is only a mirror on life. Every human situation that happens out
there happens in here except one.

In the real world, people who run their mouths get their butts kicked a lot
quicker and a lot more often. Here, one can prattle on forever in the shade
of anonymity and not have to face their medicine. They can be as rude and
nasty as they like.

There have been cases of people "looking people up", as it is quite an easy
thing to do in a lot of cases. In that situation, real life takes over, and
the two disagreeing parties settle it in real life and in real time.

Usenet is a great place to discuss ideas and get helpful information. It is
like having a conversation in a gymnasium full of people, though. You have
to adjust your mindset to focus, and not let the din bother you.

Steve

Amun

"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get
bored and go back to their Gameboys...

(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

You are right except even if you killfile him you see his stupid replies
quoted in other messages.

Not for long, even newbies clue in fast, and lock out the twits to cut out
the background noise.
I actually find it amusing that the trolls don't even realize they are
killiled, and keep wasting hours insulting people who will never even see
it.
LOL

AMUN

Chris Lewis

According to Rich :
Americans can't be that stupid, they're a bunch of bullys but they aren't
stupid. I would say that the Canadians are the stupid ones by statistics,
design, evolution etc. etc. Dumb ****s couldn't even keep the French out of
the damn smelly place, but wait a minute the French are just as stupid.

A) The French were "here" first, so it was a little hard to keep 'em out.
B) They weren't in Louisiana first, so, I don't think the Americans can
say that they "did it" better'n us ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est