Fred

Default AC Coil Fins Cleaning Question

Hi All!

Anyone have suggestions on what type of cleaner to use on the aluminum fins
on an AC evap coil?

TIA

Fred

--
Drop news in sig to reply.

~The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I'm doing~

Oscar_Lives

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi All!

Anyone have suggestions on what type of cleaner to use on the aluminum
fins on an AC evap coil?

TIA

Fred

EasyOff Oven Cleaner really makes them shine.

Stretch

Fred,

Corrosive cleaners make them shiney but eat up the coils over time.
Avoid highly acidic or akalyne cleaners and your coils will last
longer. Use self rinsing coil cleaners, they are easier on the coils
in the long run. You want a high foaming DETERGENT, not a cleaner that
foams because it attacks the metal.

Stretch

Stormin Mormon

I've had good results with either four x, or alki foam.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

AC question Dave Solly Home Repair 24 August 23rd 05 02:01 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
bathroom cleaning question [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 26th 04 06:40 PM
Rewinding pc coil for 9-1270 Zenith boards ?? anyone know inductance? 9-1270-02 9-1270-3 mod# SR3587DT Dave Moore Electronics Repair 3 September 4th 03 11:25 PM