Vince

Default MayTag Performa Washing Machine

On 20 Sep 2005 15:39:28 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

Vince wrote:
I have just noticed something when doing a load of laundry. The
washing machine tub (itself) is not moving at all. The agitator is
working, but I remember seeing the tub also move / rotate, or am I
imagining this?

If not, and the tub should also move while the machine is running the
wash cycle, what could be some of the reasons that has caused the
problem? is the tub geared via a transmission, or what?

I am not certain, but I think that the gentle/normal speed selection
is also not working.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this problem will be appreciated.
This machine is not old; purchased around September Labor Day of year
2002.

Thanks.

Vince
Long Island, NY

Hi,

PAV3240AWW**

The washing machine tub (itself) is not moving at all. The agitator is working, but I remember seeing the tub also move / rotate, or am I
imagining this?**

The wash tub should not be moving on this style of an washer when the
washer is agitating.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi Jeff:

Thank you for your information, which is the best news for me to hear.
Perhaps I am recalling operation of the old Westinghouse (1974 era)
washing machine, because I have convinced myself that the tub was
rotating during the wash cycle.

I have been to http://www.applianceaid.com/ on several brief
occassions. Thanks for that also and regards.

~Vince~

Appliance Repair Aid

Glad we could help!

jeff.