cm

Default Crown moulding labor estimate?

I am working on an estimate to install 800' of crown moulding and wondered
if any of you use a per ft. price (labor only)? We would be using the pre
manufactured corners so we will not be doing any compound miters. I have
done small crown moulding jobs as part of other home repair work which was
charged by the hour. Just looking for a little guidance to work up this
estimate.
We are located in Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks,

Craig

No

Too many variables. There is a book out that gives this kind of estimate I
have seen used but I do not have one. Don't remember the name.

Anyway - Is surface flat or not, are walls straight or not, how many
corners? Long runs or short? What lengths are crown pieces? 8', 10', 12'
16', etc? scaffolding or ladder? 8' ceilings? 9', 12'? Size of crew? One
man, two? three? four? What's your overhead like? How big is the crown? One
piece or multiple built up? Furniture to move?

I would figure the price, after looking at the job, by estimating how long
it would take me per 25' section doing the math then double it to cover
unforeseen. If you are bidding the job against some well established folks
you may have to get aggressive on price if this is your first such job. Be
careful not to loose your shirt.

OK - So to answer your question. Depending or variables above, between $3
per foot for the simplest of jobs and as much as $10 or more for harder
jobs. ballpark, your mileage may vary, take my free advice for what it cost
you, more or less could be fair.

"cm" wrote in message
I am working on an estimate to install 800' of crown moulding and wondered
if any of you use a per ft. price (labor only)? We would be using the pre
manufactured corners so we will not be doing any compound miters. I have
done small crown moulding jobs as part of other home repair work which was
charged by the hour. Just looking for a little guidance to work up this
estimate.
We are located in Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks,

Craig

kitchen crown moulding problem - long Melissa Home Repair 5 July 2nd 05 03:29 PM
looking for tips re crown moulding install [email protected] Woodworking 2 June 5th 05 08:23 PM
crown moulding install [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 4th 05 09:00 PM
crown moulding h Home Repair 8 March 22nd 05 02:41 AM
Installing Crown Moulding on Kitchen Cabinets... condition them first? Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 1 February 13th 05 11:10 PM