Default Surface Mount Metal Raceway

Greetings,

Imagine a square room with four walls called N E S W. Walls E, W are
masonry and walls N, S are framed. I am trying to run two NM cables
from boxes on N to boxes on S. I wanted to bridge the masonry walls
with a piece of surface mount.

I am using the Surface Mount Metal Raceway products featured on this
page:
http://tinyurl.com/bxrgw

I would like two 12-2 NM cables to enter the raceway inside a frammed
wall (N), pass through 15 ft of straight run (W), and exit the raceway
behind another wall (S). My plan was to use two of the fittings BWl7
(see link) to convert between the raceway and a 1/2" knockout. I would
put a cable clamp into the knockout to clamp the two NM cables. I
would strip the outer sheathing off the NM cables for the duration the
the cable was inside the raceway.

Is this legal? (and if not why) Can I bury the BWl7 fittings inside
the wall or should they be exposed at the very edge of the wall with
the NM concealed within the wall?

I have heard conflicting opinions and I wanted to get the definitive
answer from Usenet before beginning work.

Thank you for your time,
William

PS: I called their tech support number to ask and the two people I
talked to did not know what NM cable was.

No

Can you go through the floor or ceiling instead of surface? I would look for
other options before using surface mount. I think it looks like garbage. If
you are doing this w/o permits/inspection then what you propose should be
viable. I would do what looks best. Keep the government out of it and just
be safe. OK, here come the flames.
" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Tim Fischer

" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have heard conflicting opinions and I wanted to get the definitive
answer from Usenet before beginning work.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to let you know the
above comment made me laugh out loud. Definitive answers come from your
local electrical inspectors office, not from anonymous people on Usenet.

-Tim

Metal buildings and lightening sort of OT nospamgoingjag Metalworking 67 April 11th 05 01:54 AM
Metal Pole for Eagle Scout Project [email protected] Metalworking 27 March 4th 05 12:49 AM
New metal spinning DVD due for release Terry Woodturning 4 March 2nd 05 01:01 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Identify a surface mount transistor Len Electronics Repair 2 October 26th 03 06:50 PM