Tech-Home

Default Help With Fridge with No water in door?

Okay So I'm remodeling the kitchen (starting a 2-3 year project) and
plumbed in a new shut off valve with a nice Shut off box.

Okay so I did over 18 solder joints (I'm excited) with no leak the
first time! So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the
water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But
the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with
water when turning it on.

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it.
It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

Comments Please??

If it matters it's a 4-5 year old GE side by side.

Brian

Tech-Home

I forgot to mention the water pressure is around 65 psi.

Brian

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tech-Home" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay So I'm remodeling the kitchen (starting a 2-3 year project) and
plumbed in a new shut off valve with a nice Shut off box.

Okay so I did over 18 solder joints (I'm excited) with no leak the
first time! So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the
water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But
the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with
water when turning it on.

Disconnect it from the fridge and see if water comes out. If yes, could be
the fridge. If no, it could be one of your solder joint is so good it
blocked the flow.

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it.
It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

65 psi is not a problem Low pressure is more of a problem with ice makers
than high.

While the water was disconnected, it is possible that there was some
residual water in the line or valve body at the fridge. It may have frozen
and blocked the feed.

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

If it matters it's a 4-5 year old GE side by side.

Always matters...and the model# is?

So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the
water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But
the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Out of where? The chilled water dispensor, icemaker?

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with
water when turning it on.

You have remove the line from the refrigerator and confirmed this by
watching the flow into a pail or bucket?

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it.
It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

Most chilled water and icemaker lines for a refrigerator are 1/4"
copper or SS.

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

John McGaw

Tech-Home wrote:
Okay So I'm remodeling the kitchen (starting a 2-3 year project) and
plumbed in a new shut off valve with a nice Shut off box.

Okay so I did over 18 solder joints (I'm excited) with no leak the
first time! So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the
water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But
the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with
water when turning it on.

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it.
It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

Comments Please??

If it matters it's a 4-5 year old GE side by side.

Brian

When you press on the water dispenser button/lever/whatever do you hear
the solenoid valve click in the back of the refrigerator? Does the
icemaker receive water?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

TURTLE

"Tech-Home" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay So I'm remodeling the kitchen (starting a 2-3 year project) and
plumbed in a new shut off valve with a nice Shut off box.

Okay so I did over 18 solder joints (I'm excited) with no leak the
first time! So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the
water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But
the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with
water when turning it on.

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it.
It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

Comments Please??

If it matters it's a 4-5 year old GE side by side.

Brian

This is Turtle

Me think by having 18 sweat joints of copper to copper you have slag and solider
that is in the system and when you turned the water on it hit the water filter
and plugged it up. The filter can be in the refrigerator it'sself or added on in
the back where the water enters.

TURTLE

h1ebs

Is the fridge plugged in?

--
h1ebs
h1ebs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=81

Brian

Okay I finally figured it out.

The inline value was clogged with dirt that was in the copper pipe. (In the
crawl space it was abit muddy) I took it apart as much as possible and got
as much dirt out that I could.

Thanks

---------------------------------------
Brian Dye

"Tech-Home" wrote in message
oups.com...
I forgot to mention the water pressure is around 65 psi.

Brian

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM