dean

Default Going to change fridge starter relay and capacitor. Any gotchyas to look out for?

Looks like a simple plug in job to me, assuming they send me the
correct parts.

Do the capacitors hold a dangerous charge?

Thanks,

Dean

Ralph Mowery

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looks like a simple plug in job to me, assuming they send me the
correct parts.

Do the capacitors hold a dangerous charge?

They may hold a charge. It is not usualy dangerous unless you grab each
lead with each hand so the currrent passse through your heart area, but it
sure can make you hirt yourself. Take a screwdriver with a plastic handle
and short across the leads or terminals of the capacitor you are taking out.
The new one will not have a charge on it, just the old one that has been
plugged in may have a charge, but probalby will not especially if it has
been off for a few days.

dean

Ralph - thanks, it will be off for less than a day (around 8 hours).
Will be careful!

Anthony - what's up?