DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Going to change fridge starter relay and capacitor. Any gotchyas to look out for? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/121499-going-change-fridge-starter-relay-capacitor-any-gotchyas-look-out.html)

dean September 15th 05 10:48 PM

Going to change fridge starter relay and capacitor. Any gotchyas to look out for?

Looks like a simple plug in job to me, assuming they send me the
correct parts.

Do the capacitors hold a dangerous charge?

Thanks,

Dean

Ralph Mowery September 15th 05 11:36 PM

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looks like a simple plug in job to me, assuming they send me the
correct parts.

Do the capacitors hold a dangerous charge?

They may hold a charge. It is not usualy dangerous unless you grab each
lead with each hand so the currrent passse through your heart area, but it
sure can make you hirt yourself. Take a screwdriver with a plastic handle
and short across the leads or terminals of the capacitor you are taking out.
The new one will not have a charge on it, just the old one that has been
plugged in may have a charge, but probalby will not especially if it has
been off for a few days.

dean September 16th 05 06:10 AM

Ralph - thanks, it will be off for less than a day (around 8 hours).
Will be careful!

Anthony - what's up?