Abe

Default For Ed P. Undersink water filters

Hi Ed.

What brand and model of undersink filter did you end up getting last
year (when you sent me the Omni stuff you didn't want)? I'm getting
tired of the mess (spilled water) I have to make when I change filters
on the Omni. Do you think yours might be any less messy?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Abe" wrote in message
Hi Ed.

What brand and model of undersink filter did you end up getting last
year (when you sent me the Omni stuff you didn't want)? I'm getting
tired of the mess (spilled water) I have to make when I change filters
on the Omni. Do you think yours might be any less messy?

I have InstaPure by Water Pik. I don't know of any that will not have some
dripping when changed. Mine are on the ceiling of the basement so it is easy
to put a pan under them. I also use a strap wrench instead of the plastic
thing supplied with them. Be sure to open a faucet to relived the water
pressure too. That makes it much easier to loosen them as there is not
pressure on the joint of the housing.

h1ebs

I know this thread is not directed to me but if you can get a cuno
cfs8112s cartridge and the part it snaps into I forget what it is
called. Regardless you have very little mess when changing. Also Aqua
pure cartridges also fit, There the off brand of cuna.
http://filterace.com/detail.aspx?ID=703

--
h1ebs
h1ebs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=81

Abe

Hi Ed.

What brand and model of under sink filter did you end up getting last
year (when you sent me the Omni stuff you didn't want)? I'm getting
tired of the mess (spilled water) I have to make when I change filters
on the Omni. Do you think yours might be any less messy?

I have InstaPure by Water Pik. I don't know of any that will not have some
dripping when changed. Mine are on the ceiling of the basement so it is easy
to put a pan under them. I also use a strap wrench instead of the plastic
thing supplied with them. Be sure to open a faucet to relived the water
pressure too. That makes it much easier to loosen them as there is not
pressure on the joint of the housing.

Thank Ed. Sounds like its pretty similar.

Abe

I know this thread is not directed to me but if you can get a cuno
cfs8112s cartridge and the part it snaps into I forget what it is
called. Regardless you have very little mess when changing. Also Aqua
pure cartridges also fit, There the off brand of cuna.
http://filterace.com/detail.aspx?ID=703

Thanks. I always appreciate a suggestion.

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM