Mr. Fixit

Default Maytag Frost Free Refrigerator - Defective Evaporator Fan

I have replaced this fan once a Matag fridge, when it was just out of
warranty.

Lst Spring I had the same symptoms, compressor operates correctly, but
Fan does not turn.
I pulled the fan and connector off to discover that the conection pin
to the motor on the hotside of the conector had desintgrated due to
moisture from condensation getting into the connector.

I cleaned up the connection on the motor side and replaced the cable.
I sealed the conector at that time with silicone dielectric greese to
try and keep out the moisture.

Yesterday it failed again.

This Fan is not designed for the enviuroment in which it is installed
as far as I ma concerned this is a major design fault and Matag should
be held fully responsible for using the wrong component for this
application.

The size of the connector on the fan is much too small for it to
maintain a good connection in an enviourment that encounters moisture
during the defrost cycle. I noticed that the connector on the first
replacement cable offered to me at the parts store was much larger and
more robust with much more surface area thus less chance of overheating
and burning from having moisute get into the connection.
I suspect that this is the new motor (or should be!) that Matag is
using.

My question is why are all the people who own the older original
Defective component expected to pay to fix this mistake?

This could be consider a fire hazard if the connector over heated
sufficently to catch on fire! Perhaps that would get there attention
to provide a public recall at there expense!

I have investigated faults for many many years and I consider this to
be far too obvious to be a minor mistake, I would just consider this
one to be plainly very dishonest.
I have owned three Refridgerators in 30 years.
One had a compressor failure after 20 years.
The other one I replaced because it was getting old and my wife thought
she would like a new one, this is it.
It has caused me more problems in two years than any other appliance I
have ever owned.
I will definately never buy another Matag.

Mr. Fixit

--
Mr. Fixit
Mr. Fixit's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=83

Art

Their 3 rack dishwashers suck too.

"Mr. Fixit" wrote in message

[...]

AEG frost free freezer freezes up The General UK diy 6 December 18th 05 02:47 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Opinions on Maytag and Whirlpool dishwashers? Ohaya Home Repair 7 April 18th 04 01:46 PM
Bosch frost free problems Jonathan UK diy 6 September 4th 03 10:27 AM