p-nut

Default Replacement return air grille

I have a metal return air grill that measures 9.25 X 15.25 X 1 and can't for
the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.
Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one?

Does 9.25 really mean 9 or and does 15.25 really mean 15 or 16?
I'm at a loss and really need to find a replacement of this size as my
carpet is cut for this particular size.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

p-nut

p-nut wrote:
I have a metal return air grill that measures 9.25 X 15.25 X 1 and
can't for the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.
Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one?

Does 9.25 really mean 9 or and does 15.25 really mean 15 or 16?
I'm at a loss and really need to find a replacement of this size as my
carpet is cut for this particular size.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

Actually it's .75 depth not 1in.

TURTLE

"p-nut" wrote in message
news
I have a metal return air grill that measures 9.25 X 15.25 X 1 and can't for
the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.
Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one?

Does 9.25 really mean 9 or and does 15.25 really mean 15 or 16?
I'm at a loss and really need to find a replacement of this size as my carpet
is cut for this particular size.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

This is Turtle.

P-Nut , You need to go to a HVAC warehouse in your city and they will get you
any size grill you want or filter to fit it. You tell them what size grill you
want and they can order it for you. If you want a filter to fit any return air
filter grill , they will order it in throw a way or in washiable or reusiable.
they will be listed under Air conditioning wholesale or Air conditioning
warehouses.

now when the grill measures 9.25" x 15.25" it is a 9.25" x a 15.25" and nothing
more.

Also these wholesale warehouses will deal with customers on things like grills
for buying stuff wholesale is not a big deal with service people and the
warehouse selling to you. they will deal with you like anybody else on grills
like this.

TURTLE

SQLit

"p-nut" wrote in message
news
I have a metal return air grill that measures 9.25 X 15.25 X 1 and can't

for
the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.
Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one?

Does 9.25 really mean 9 or and does 15.25 really mean 15 or 16?
I'm at a loss and really need to find a replacement of this size as my
carpet is cut for this particular size.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

play around here

http://www.atlantasupply.com/swscrip...T_ID= CSTKDET

I have ordered from these folks and they do and say what they mean. Prompt
and accurate shipping and ordering.

Stretch

P-Nut,

Remove the grille fron the wall or ceiling and measure the opening.
Round to the nearest inch. That is the size grille yuo want. The
grille is sized by the openingn not the outside of the flange. It
sounds like you want a 14" x 8". The width is stated first, times the
height. Note that if you get a grille with 1/2 inch between the vanes,
it will be quieter than if it has 1/3 inch between the vanes.

Stretch

I had to special order all of mine. Some are odd sizes (maening 5 X
somehting as opposed to 4 X something or 6 X something) and Home Depot
and Lowes don't sell all sizes available. I did have to refurbish two
of mine because I couldn't get them anywhere. I had to soak them in
paint thinner to get off several layers of paint, then primed and
painted with a paint gun. A real nusiance, but worth the effort.