RS

Default Toilet Question

I recently bought a hoouse, and the basement bathroom apparently has
not been used in years. The toilet bowl has no water in it, and it is
completely dry. Can I simply give it a flush to fill the bowl back up
again, or do I need to dump a coule of buckets of water in there from
another source?

Thanks.
Joseph Meehan

RS wrote:
I recently bought a hoouse, and the basement bathroom apparently has
not been used in years. The toilet bowl has no water in it, and it is
completely dry. Can I simply give it a flush to fill the bowl back up
again, or do I need to dump a coule of buckets of water in there from
another source?

Thanks.

Assuming everything is working as it should, that is all you should need
to do. However I suspect it will not be that easy. Years of non use is not
good for most mechanical things. I also wonder why you are not complaining
of a strong sewer gas smell. I would also worry a bout the possibility this
toilet needs a pump and that may not be working.

As long as you know where to turn the water off it it, you can try one
flush and see what happens.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Amun

"RS" wrote in message
I recently bought a hoouse, and the basement bathroom apparently has
not been used in years. The toilet bowl has no water in it, and it is
completely dry. Can I simply give it a flush to fill the bowl back up
again, or do I need to dump a coule of buckets of water in there from
another source?

Thanks.

Be careful if the bowl is dry and there is no sewer gas smell.
(plugged pipe)

There might be a good reason the past owners quit using it

Test it out by pouring lots of water in the bowl first

Once you flush it, it may just keep going, if the flapper is dried or the
fill valve sticks ,and even the shut off may need a bar to move.

AMUN