Shaun Eli

Default Polyurethane over paint?

I've painted the Formica top to my bathroom vanity with water-based
paint. I figure it won't hold up getting wet.

Anybody know if polyurethane will work over paint?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've painted the Formica top to my bathroom vanity with water-based
paint. I figure it won't hold up getting wet.

Anybody know if polyurethane will work over paint?

Yes. But that does not mean the original paint to Formica bond will be any
better that it is now.. I don't have any idea how that will hold up long
term.

Amun

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've painted the Formica top to my bathroom vanity with water-based
paint. I figure it won't hold up getting wet.

Anybody know if polyurethane will work over paint?

I'm trying to just figure out how you got the latex to stick at all to
formica.

Do yourself a favor, sand all the latex off, it should come off easily.
get some good epoxy paint and do it again.

AMUN

Shaun Eli

I sanded the Formica finish down, and applied the latex. Formica said
that latex might work although yes, they recommended epoxy paint (which
Home Depot didn't have). I liked the color of latex I had around, and
I was using it already for a wall, so it was easy to simply brush it on
the Formica.

So far it's holding okay there.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 07:28 PM
can I polyurethane over flat latex paint? I & H Home Repair 8 October 4th 04 05:13 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM