tenplay

Default Mouse-proofing a house

My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in a
rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house. I have mouse traps, which catches
them after they come in. But by then, the damage (to my wife) has often
been done. Is there a way to keep them from entering in the first
place? If not, I guess I'll just have to replace my wife. :-)
Doug Kanter

"tenplay" wrote in message
My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in a
rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house. I have mouse traps, which catches them
after they come in. But by then, the damage (to my wife) has often been
done. Is there a way to keep them from entering in the first place? If
not, I guess I'll just have to replace my wife. :-)

Get a kitten. Play with it like crazy so it doesn't grow up to be a lazy fat
slob that sits on the window sill all day. It'll get bored with fake
mouse-shaped toys and start managing your problem for you, if you let it
outdoors. And, if you see skunks, give them a big welcome. They are better
than cats at assassinating mice.

Trust me, hire a professional.
My first house had rats in the crawl space. My second house got
squirrels in the attic (the squirrels ate their way in). I learned
from research mice can go through a hole as small as a dime.

Amun

"tenplay" wrote in message
My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in a
rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house. I have mouse traps, which catches
them after they come in. But by then, the damage (to my wife) has often
been done. Is there a way to keep them from entering in the first
place? If not, I guess I'll just have to replace my wife. :-)

Swap the wife for a cat.
Cheaper to feed.

....Or keep the wife too. Your choice, but think about it

AMUN

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Amun wrote:

Swap the wife for a cat.
Cheaper to feed.

And if I had to guess.... more pussy.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

G Henslee

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Amun wrote:

Swap the wife for a cat.
Cheaper to feed.

And if I had to guess.... more pussy.

More bang for the back...

--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

AMUN is a clueless moron regarding tile, electrical and various other
construction issues. As things go AMUN will (thankfully) dissapear
as his kind usually does when confronted with their bad advice by
those who are knowledgeable in their respective fields.
Until then - BEWARE
G Henslee

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Amun wrote:

Swap the wife for a cat.
Cheaper to feed.

And if I had to guess.... more pussy.

More bang for the buck.

--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

AMUN is a clueless moron regarding tile, electrical and various other
construction issues. As things go AMUN will (thankfully) dissapear
as his kind usually does when confronted with their bad advice by
those who are knowledgeable in their respective fields.
Until then - BEWARE
Joseph Meehan

tenplay wrote:
My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in
a rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house. I have mouse traps, which catches
them after they come in. But by then, the damage (to my wife) has
often been done. Is there a way to keep them from entering in the
first place? If not, I guess I'll just have to replace my wife. :-)

No house is mouse proof.

If you contact a professional you are likely to get a plan for your home
in your area that will greatly reduce the number that make it in.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

SteveB

My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in a
rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house.

Get her some friggin therapy!

Doug Kanter

"SteveB" wrote in message

My wife goes ballistic when she sees a mouse in our home. We live in a
rural area in Washington where there are a lot of field mice who
occasionally come into the house.

Get her some friggin therapy!

I wish I remembered the comedian who dealt with this issue, saying something
like "How many millions of dollars are wasted in therapy each year by middle
aged people trying to deal with the trauma they experienced when, at age 9,
they were briefly stuck in a closet with a bee?" :-)

Get a cat or two. Preforably a former feral or indoor/outdoor cat. I
normally don't recommend letting cats outdoors, but since you live in a
rural area it might be OK. My cat was a stray that lived with a feral
cat colony for several months. He's the best pest control that I could
possibly have.

A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 02:50 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM