M.Burns

Default Spraying paver sealant?

I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the instructions on
the can. Kind of a pain.
Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden sprayer). Although
it appears thin enough to spray, it is not water-based, so I'm concerned
about clean up and don't want to trash a sprayer every time. Anyone have
experience with this, and the cleanup required for the sprayer?
M.B.

Jeff Wisnia

M.Burns wrote:

I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the instructions on
the can. Kind of a pain.
Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden sprayer). Although
it appears thin enough to spray, it is not water-based, so I'm concerned
about clean up and don't want to trash a sprayer every time. Anyone have
experience with this, and the cleanup required for the sprayer?
M.B.

Are you certain it's not a water emulsion material? All the sealers I've
ever bought for 40+ years have been, but I don't claim to know everything.

Like "latex" paints the water based emulsions will wash right off with
water if they are not permitted to dry.

Put a little in a glass container, add water, stir, and see whether it
"gets thinner" or just forms a layer separate from the water. That
should tell you something.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

DanG

The solvent based sealers that I have used clean up easily with
paint thinner. Conspec solvent based curing compound is another
matter. Check the clean up directions on the can.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"M.Burns" wrote in message
I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the
instructions on the can. Kind of a pain.
Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden
sprayer). Although it appears thin enough to spray, it is not
water-based, so I'm concerned about clean up and don't want to
trash a sprayer every time. Anyone have experience with this,
and the cleanup required for the sprayer?
M.B.

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"M.Burns" wrote in message
I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the instructions on
the can. Kind of a pain.
Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden sprayer).
Although it appears thin enough to spray, it is not water-based, so I'm
concerned about clean up and don't want to trash a sprayer every time.
Anyone have experience with this, and the cleanup required for the
sprayer?
M.B.

I used a paint sprayer to apply penetrating sealer to my log cabin in the
woods. It wasn't water based.
When done, I ran a quart or so of mineral spririts through it and have had
no problems. Considering plastic
pressure sprayers are around $10-12 each, it's not much to trash one or two.
Cheers,
cc

Jeff Wisnia

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

M.Burns wrote:

[...]

'Scuse please, I read "pavement" for "pavers" and my mind locked onto
blacktop sealers (asphalt or tar emulsions).

Scratch what I bloviated about.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

M.Burns

After finally reading ALL the print on the original can, the manufacturer
mentions they also make a water-based sealer.
Now THAT I won't be so concerned about in my sprayer.
Thanks for all the comments.

"M.Burns" wrote in message
I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the instructions on
the can. Kind of a pain.
Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden sprayer).
Although it appears thin enough to spray, it is not water-based, so I'm
concerned about clean up and don't want to trash a sprayer every time.
Anyone have experience with this, and the cleanup required for the
sprayer?
M.B.

Window Frame to Wall Sealant Frank UK diy 3 April 14th 05 10:50 AM
Sealant and showers Charles Middleton UK diy 3 October 12th 04 11:25 AM
Paver Stone Patio Installation Question M.Paul Home Repair 6 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM
Bath sealant Lawrie UK diy 4 February 25th 04 09:57 AM
bathroom sealant Reestit Mutton UK diy 13 December 1st 03 10:03 AM