Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default How to find a professional to help with groundwater control ?

My home is built on a flatish site half way up a mountain.
Terrain and soil type appears to yield water in the soil around
and under the house (other sources of water such as gutters
and leaking pipes having been eliminated).

I'd like to find someone (engineer of some kind ?) to investigate
the situation and with the benefit of experience advise what
measures should be taken to divert the ground water.

So far , so good. Problem is there is no such person in the
local Yellow Pages. I suspect that I'm not searching on
the right keyword. I also figure that there has to be
a professional association for drainage engineers (or
whatever they're called).

Any help is welcome.

(I'm in the western USA, BTW).

Thanks.