Jerry

Default Replacing undermount sink on vanity

I recently installed a silestone vanity top which was purchased with an
undermount sink already installed. It was installed with some sort of
adheasive.

I just noticed that the porcelean in the bowl is cracked.

I really don't want to remove plumbing, the back and side splash and
remove the vanity top to replace the sink. Has anyone attempted to
replace an undermount sink with the top in place?

Any pros out there who could give advice? This a good idea or bad
idea? What kind of adheasive is used and how hard is it going to be
to remove the old sink?

Thanks.

SQLit

"Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently installed a silestone vanity top which was purchased with an
undermount sink already installed. It was installed with some sort of
adheasive.

I just noticed that the porcelean in the bowl is cracked.

I really don't want to remove plumbing, the back and side splash and
remove the vanity top to replace the sink. Has anyone attempted to
replace an undermount sink with the top in place?

Any pros out there who could give advice? This a good idea or bad
idea? What kind of adheasive is used and how hard is it going to be
to remove the old sink?

Thanks.

Last integral underslung sink I did there would be no way to remove the sink
with out a cutoff saw or diamond blade. Needless to say the new sink would
not be under the cabinet surface.

G Henslee

Jerry wrote:
I recently installed a silestone vanity top which was purchased with an
undermount sink already installed. It was installed with some sort of
adheasive.

I just noticed that the porcelean in the bowl is cracked.

I really don't want to remove plumbing, the back and side splash and
remove the vanity top to replace the sink. Has anyone attempted to
replace an undermount sink with the top in place?

Any pros out there who could give advice? This a good idea or bad
idea? What kind of adheasive is used and how hard is it going to be
to remove the old sink?

Thanks.

Once you saw and beat it out from the bottom, modify the hole as needed
to allow installation of a top mount self rimming sink.