John Richards

Default Vanity sink; china, acrylic or porcelain enameled steel

Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the enamel
has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything actually fell
into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem with a
replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could anyone tell
me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I would like to
limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply stores.

Thanks
John

Andy Hill

"John Richards" wrote:
Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the enamel
has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything actually fell
into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem with a
replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could anyone tell
me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I would like to
limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply stores.

Downside of the china sinks is that they tend to last forever...sucks to get rid
of something that still looks almost brand new. The only acrylic sink I've
got is my laundry tub...can't imagine wanting a plastic sink in a bathroom, but
maybe they've improved.

Charles Spitzer

"John Richards" wrote in message
Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the
enamel has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything
actually fell into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem
with a replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could
anyone tell me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I
would like to limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply
stores.

Thanks
John

plastic scratches easily.

Experience patching chips in porcelain sink blueman Home Repair 7 March 16th 05 12:04 PM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
Solid Surface vanity and Undermount sink swampy Home Repair 4 August 21st 03 12:10 PM
Can you repaint a porcelain sink to change color? Andrew Sarangan Home Ownership 1 July 16th 03 06:03 PM