DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vanity sink; china, acrylic or porcelain enameled steel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/102357-vanity-sink%3B-china-acrylic-porcelain-enameled-steel.html)

John Richards April 7th 05 03:31 PM

Vanity sink; china, acrylic or porcelain enameled steel

Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the enamel
has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything actually fell
into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem with a
replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could anyone tell
me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I would like to
limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply stores.

Thanks
John

Andy Hill April 7th 05 04:00 PM

"John Richards" wrote:
Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the enamel
has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything actually fell
into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem with a
replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could anyone tell
me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I would like to
limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply stores.

Downside of the china sinks is that they tend to last forever...sucks to get rid
of something that still looks almost brand new. The only acrylic sink I've
got is my laundry tub...can't imagine wanting a plastic sink in a bathroom, but
maybe they've improved.

Charles Spitzer April 7th 05 04:20 PM

"John Richards" wrote in message
Currently have a white percelain enameled steel lavatory sink but the
enamel has chipped/flaked off in spots - I don't even think anything
actually fell into the sink to chip it. I would rather avoid this problem
with a replacement and was considering a china or acrylic sink. Could
anyone tell me what the pros and cons are of each of these materials. I
would like to limit myself to a "budget" sink from one of the home supply
stores.

Thanks
John

plastic scratches easily.