yo

Default central A/C filter question

Hi, the replaceable filter, on these cental ac units, where are they
located. I found one inside the house in the intake duct, is that the
only one.

thanks
User Example

yo wrote:
Hi, the replaceable filter, on these cental ac units, where are they
located. I found one inside the house in the intake duct, is that the
only one.

yes, unless you have some weird A/C unit.
RP

yo wrote:

Hi, the replaceable filter, on these cental ac units, where are they
located. I found one inside the house in the intake duct, is that the
only one.

thanks

It isn't necessarily the only one. When you have it serviced next, ask
the tech to check the air handler or furnace for a factory installed
filter, and to check for an electronic filter in the duct system.
Normally we wouldn't do this unless we find there's an airflow
restriction. I've found second and even third filters on systems that
the customer was completely unaware of, so yes, it is possible that you
have another, but it isn't necessarily likely. Just the same, if you're
concerned about it, have the tech take a peek for you. HTH.

hvacrmedic

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
water filter self-cutting connection question JJJ UK diy 7 October 21st 04 07:36 PM
heater filter question Krystonia5 Home Repair 1 September 7th 04 10:41 AM
Central Heating Question - Heating Loop Murdo MacKenzie UK diy 2 May 17th 04 02:42 PM
Which Sand filter? (inground pool) Brandon Home Repair 11 November 27th 03 09:36 AM