Keith

Default plumbing: misfit gasket for tub overflow

Based on the cramped quarters, I had to bring my PVC overflow drain up
parallel to the back of the tub (rather than directly vertical, at an angle
to the tub). The very think neoprene gasket that comes with the kit is
angled (one side is thinner than the other to make up for the slope of the
tub). Since my PVC is parellel, no matter which way I turn the gasket, I've
got a loose edge that would leak if water came through the overflow.

Do they sell flat gaskets for this purpose? If not, any recommendations on
alternative materials I could use?

Thanks,
Keith
Speedy Jim

Keith wrote:

Based on the cramped quarters, I had to bring my PVC overflow drain up
parallel to the back of the tub (rather than directly vertical, at an angle
to the tub). The very think neoprene gasket that comes with the kit is
angled (one side is thinner than the other to make up for the slope of the
tub). Since my PVC is parellel, no matter which way I turn the gasket, I've
got a loose edge that would leak if water came through the overflow.

Do they sell flat gaskets for this purpose? If not, any recommendations on
alternative materials I could use?

Thanks,
Keith

Yes, there are a number of different O'flow gaskets.
Ask at a hardware or plimbing supply, maybe at BigBox?
One type is a thick foam gasket, which might work.
Or...make your own.

Jim
Terry

I've run into the same thing. Some tubs aren't angled as much as others.

I got some of that 1 1/2" flexible pipe like used on whirlpools and used it
for the short piece to the overflow.

. 63.158...