Junior Member

Unhappy AC ~ Repair

My home AC (central air) decided it wasn't going to work anymore.. Now, I am not a "Jack-of-all-trades" so I am a little lost on how to fix the problem. My Thermostat is kicking on, but the unit fails to do the same. It is an electric unit. All im asking right now, is can someone give me a checklist of the simple fixes just to get me started... I've already checked the breaker and seems fine. On the unit itself, there is two breakers; one was on, the other one seemed like it wasn't even hooked up to something..it was just sitting there wobbly-like ... (possible culprit?)

please help...
Travis Jordan

metallifan9 wrote:
please help...

Do you have some basic test equpment such as a VOM (multimeter)?

Without one there is little you can do to accurately troubleshoot the
system. Time to call a professional.

Anthony Berlin

The way you just described the fused disconnect for 1 you sound like a bitch
and for 2 I wouldn't even give you instructions on how to plug in a toaster.
"Wobbly-like"-WTF. Call someone who gets paid to know what they are doing
before you electrocute yourself.

--
metallifan9

Dr. Hardcrab

"Anthony Berlin" wrote

The way you just described the fused disconnect for 1 you sound like a
bitch
and for 2 I wouldn't even give you instructions on how to plug in a
toaster.
"Wobbly-like"-WTF. Call someone who gets paid to know what they are doing
before you electrocute yourself.

Well that was pretty!

Asshole...

*PLONK*

FDR

"Anthony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..
The way you just described the fused disconnect for 1 you sound like a
bitch
and for 2 I wouldn't even give you instructions on how to plug in a
toaster.
"Wobbly-like"-WTF. Call someone who gets paid to know what they are doing
before you electrocute yourself.

Yeah, don't call somebody like Anthony though.

"metallifan9" wrote in message

My home AC (central air) decided it wasn't going to work anymore.. Now,
I am not a "Jack-of-all-trades" so I am a little lost on how to fix the
problem. My Thermostat is kicking on, but the unit fails to do the same.
It is an electric unit. All im asking right now, is can someone give me
a checklist of the simple fixes just to get me started... I've already
checked the breaker and seems fine. On the unit itself, there is two
breakers; one was on, the other one seemed like it wasn't even hooked
up to something..it was just sitting there wobbly-like ... (possible
culprit?)

please help...

--
metallifan9

Stormin Mormon

* Power to the air handler and or furnace
* Power to the condensing unit
* 24 VAC signal to contactor

Check each of these, each is a common problem.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.