Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default DRYING PAINT with new forced air furnace???

I am a homeowner and we're just finishing up a pretty extensive home
remodel project, including hardwood floor refinishing and painting
throughout the house, plus a brand new forced air system which replaced
the original gravity system from 1916.

Now, as things are winding down, the general contractor wants to run
our new heating system at night to help dry the paint and floor
sealants. The heating contractor (whom we selected ourselves, apart
from the General) is telling us NO -- don't use the new forced air
system for that, it's not good for the system, compounds and dust will
get into the new furnace and it'll screw it up and void the warranty...

The General is saying it's no big deal, we do this all the time,
standard procedure, won't harm a thing, etc.

Whom should we believe? We're not very experienced at this stuff
(that's why we hire pros to do it) but now we have the two sides
telling us essentially opposite things.

Any help would be appreciated.

~r