Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

Now, as things are winding down, the general contractor wants to run
our new heating system at night to help dry the paint and floor
sealants. The heating contractor (whom we selected ourselves, apart
from the General) is telling us NO -- don't use the new forced air
system for that, it's not good for the system, compounds and dust will
get into the new furnace and it'll screw it up and void the warranty...

The General is saying it's no big deal, we do this all the time,
standard procedure, won't harm a thing, etc.

Whom should we believe?

Neither, if it was me, I'd not want to blow around dust particles until the
floors are cured. Probably not a big deal, but why take a chance on
spreading dirt from a new heating system right now. No telling what may
have loosed up in the ducts during installation.

As for "compounds" voiding the warranty, I'm very skeptical. If your
climate is typical of mine right now, it won't make much difference anyway.
Temperatures above 70, fairly dry, just about optimal for curing paint.