Pop

Sounds easy to me: you'll void your warranty per the heating
guy. Unless/until you know different, let the general get his
own heaters to run/dry things. I don't think he's right, but
he's the one in control of his area until he's done work.

Now, it seems stupid to me that it would void the warranty and I
think he's lying or there's something about the furnace he's not
telling you. Ymmv, but I think I'd have to have him show me in
writing where it would void the warranty and warn him that, if in
a couple years you want to do some floor work and it's going to
void the warranty, he'd better start ripping it out, at his own
expense, right now because that's not the kind of system I
bought!
Just depends on him and you, mostly.

The straight advice is, the general also should NOT be trying to
use ANY of YOUR equipment to do anything! Does the contract say
YOU will provide that to him? If no: He took the job, he's got
to do what's got to be done, with his own tools and equipment.
Maybe that's where the heating guy's coming from, but he's got a
lousy approach to it.

JMO,

Pop

wrote in message
oups.com...
:I am a homeowner and we're just finishing up a pretty extensive
home
: remodel project, including hardwood floor refinishing and
painting
: throughout the house, plus a brand new forced air system which
replaced
: the original gravity system from 1916.
:
:
: Now, as things are winding down, the general contractor wants
to run
: our new heating system at night to help dry the paint and floor
: sealants. The heating contractor (whom we selected ourselves,
apart
: from the General) is telling us NO -- don't use the new forced
air
: system for that, it's not good for the system, compounds and
dust will
: get into the new furnace and it'll screw it up and void the
warranty...
:
:
: The General is saying it's no big deal, we do this all the
time,
: standard procedure, won't harm a thing, etc.
:
: Whom should we believe? We're not very experienced at this
stuff
: (that's why we hire pros to do it) but now we have the two
sides
: telling us essentially opposite things.
:
: Any help would be appreciated.
:
: