Default Need Manual of Emerson Quiet Kool Air Conditioner

I have a Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. It is a through-the-wall
unit. Although it looks like a very old model (still in brown color),
it cools the room quite well. I want to clean its air filter. But I
cannot figure out how to get access to the air filter. Unfortunately,
the air conditioner comes with the old house and I don't have the
manual. Moreover, I cannot find the company "Emerson Quiet Kool" in the
web. Seem like it has disappeared, or it has been bought out by Fedder
or something. Anyway, I cannot find the company or its product in the
web nor in Fedder web site. I need your help.

Where can I find old manual of Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner?
What's happened to the company?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

*Might* get lucky and find it from Emerson....

http://www.applianceaid.com/useandcare.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I have a window-unit Emerson Quiet Kool that's probably 15 years old.
The filter simply pulls up out of the grill. Maybe yours is different
(or maybe the filter is missing). I'll send you a scan of the page in
the manual that shows how my filter pulls out, and you can see if it's
similar.

Please send me a copy of the instruction in replacing air filter from
your Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Jay Chan

*Might* get lucky and find it from Emerson....

http://www.applianceaid.com/useandcare.html

Unfortunately, I cannot find the model number of my Emerson Quiet Kool
air conditioner. I have tried to find it from the front, the back, the
top and the bottom. But I cannot find any model number. This is really
odd. Therefore, I cannot locate the owner manual from that web site. Oh
well...

Seem like I need to find out the model number first before I can find
the owner manual.

Jay Chan

mike r

As a former employee i can tell you the Emerson Quiet Kool Corp was
closed in 1993 after it was purchased by the Fedders Corp .

Fedders still produces product with the EQK logo. Your only hope is to
contact Fedders Customer Service or Ebay.

Good Luck!

As a former employee i can tell you the Emerson Quiet Kool Corp was
closed in 1993 after it was purchased by the Fedders Corp .

Fedders still produces product with the EQK logo. Your only hope is to
contact Fedders Customer Service or Ebay.

Thanks for the info. I have already contacted Fedder about this. They
can send me the instruction manual as long as I can give them a model
number. Unfortunately, I cannot find the model number anyway that I see
from outside of the air conditioner. I am afraid that the model number
tag might have come off a long time ago. I am sure I can find the model
number as soon as I open the front panel of the air conditioner and
look inside. But I don't know how to open the front panel without
breaking it and without the instruction manual -- kind of a "chicken
first or egg first" situation. If they could have given me the pictures
of the various models, I might be able to identify the model from the
pictures. Unfortunately, they don't have the pictures. Oh well...

Currently, I really don't know what to do. May be I will carefully open
the front panel. But I will not do this until the hot summer is over.

Jay Chan

emersonquietkool

Anonymouswrote:
[...]

Jay Chan IF YOU CAN SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE FRONT COVER, THE

OUTSIDE , AND THE SIDES I CAN HELP YOU. I NEED THIS SO I CAN TELL YOU
HOW TO CHANGE THE FILTER. MY EMAIL IS . I GOT AN OLD
EMERSON AT THE HOUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE BRAND AND THAT IS ALL I WILL
EVER HAVE. I CAN TELL YOU JUST BE LOOKING AT IN INSIDE AND OUT...
:wink:

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to jaykchan, Brendi B wrote:
how do you reset the Emerson Quiet Kool window unit

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ner-22638-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to SN, Brendi wrote:
how do you reset this air conditioner

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ner-22638-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 3:44:17 PM UTC-5, Brendi wrote:

replying to SN, Brendi wrote:
how do you reset this air conditioner

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ner-22638-.htm