SN

I have a Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner. It is a through-the-wall
unit. Although it looks like a very old model (still in brown color),
it cools the room quite well. I want to clean its air filter. But I
cannot figure out how to get access to the air filter. Unfortunately,
the air conditioner comes with the old house and I don't have the
manual. Moreover, I cannot find the company "Emerson Quiet Kool" in the
web. Seem like it has disappeared, or it has been bought out by Fedder
or something. Anyway, I cannot find the company or its product in the
web nor in Fedder web site. I need your help.

Where can I find old manual of Emerson Quiet Kool air conditioner?
What's happened to the company?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Jay,
I have a window-unit Emerson Quiet Kool that's probably 15 years old.
The filter simply pulls up out of the grill. Maybe yours is different
(or maybe the filter is missing). I'll send you a scan of the page in
the manual that shows how my filter pulls out, and you can see if it's
similar.