Joseph Meehan

Default GE clothes dryer not hot

DaveC wrote:
This GE dryer (USA 240v model) has 4 heat settings: Hi, Medium, Low,
Fluff (no heat). It also has a moisture-monitoring setting ("More
Dry" and "Less Dry").

I presume the way 3 heat settings are accomplished is through the use
of 2 different wattage heater elements. For example, Low = 1000w
element; Medium = 1500w element; High = both elements.

There is now one heat setting: medium. All the settings of the heat
switch result in the same medium heat.

The filter screen is clean and the airflow out of the vent hose (I
disconnected it and checked the flow) is unchanged from a year ago
(the last time I remember checking it out). Mains voltage verified.
No overheating external connections.

How is it possible for the dryer to fail in a mode that results in
only medium heat?

Just trying to get a few ideas before opening it up.

GE model DBXR453ET3WW

Thanks,

Consider that your dryer is not just 240V it is 120-240V any element
can be running at 120V or 240V or 0V at any one time. It might also cycle,
but I don't think any do that to control the temp.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

James Sweet

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
DaveC wrote:
[...]

Dryer elements that I've seen have all been 240v, I also had a Kenmore dryer
that had separate button thermostats which cycled the element depending on
the temperature setting, I figured most dryers did it this way.

If you have two elements and are only getting medium then the low element is
not working, either it's burned out, the overtemp thermostat is tripped or
defective, or the switch is bad.