antsgomarching

Default Furnace 101

At the risk of ask the "same old" question --- need to replace the
furnace. Have solicited three quotes. Three brands: Rheem, Lennox,
Trane. All 80% efficiency. Long story short -- the Lennox quote is $600
more and I was wondering if there is some unanimity about the Lennox
value proposition. Is it worth the extra money?

Greg O

"antsgomarching" wrote in message
oups.com...
At the risk of ask the "same old" question --- need to replace the
furnace. Have solicited three quotes. Three brands: Rheem, Lennox,
Trane. All 80% efficiency. Long story short -- the Lennox quote is $600
more and I was wondering if there is some unanimity about the Lennox
value proposition. Is it worth the extra money?

No, the Lennox is not worth more money, but the quality of the install may
be!
Buy the one from the best installer, $600+/- is not enough to worry about.
Greg

TURTLE

"antsgomarching" wrote in message
oups.com...
At the risk of ask the "same old" question --- need to replace the
furnace. Have solicited three quotes. Three brands: Rheem, Lennox,
Trane. All 80% efficiency. Long story short -- the Lennox quote is $600
more and I was wondering if there is some unanimity about the Lennox
value proposition. Is it worth the extra money?

This is Turtle.

Read Back at alt.hvac as to what I said.

Go Rheem and price has nothing to do with my thoughts here.

TURTLE

Tekkie®

antsgomarching posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

At the risk of ask the "same old" question --- need to replace the

Then why ask it?

furnace. Have solicited three quotes. Three brands: Rheem, Lennox,
Trane. All 80% efficiency. Long story short -- the Lennox quote is $600
more and I was wondering if there is some unanimity about the Lennox
value proposition. Is it worth the extra money?

Maybe
--

Tekkie