Omalley

Default Leaky Hose Bib - A THANK YOU

A sincere thank you to all who redered opinions on my leaky hose bib.
Completely against what I thought, it was a copper pipe and needed a
new bib soldered onto it.

I got a propane torch and sweated off the old bib.
Cleaned things up, tinned the new bib and the solder job worked great
the first time.

I did not know what to do, but your advise was appreciated.
And being Punta Gorda (Hurricane ravaged) I didn't think I'd be able
to get a plumber out for such a small job. Craftsmen are in short
supply down here!

Again - Thanks!
Jeff Wisnia

Omalley wrote:
A sincere thank you to all who redered opinions on my leaky hose bib.
Completely against what I thought, it was a copper pipe and needed a
new bib soldered onto it.

I got a propane torch and sweated off the old bib.
Cleaned things up, tinned the new bib and the solder job worked great
the first time.

I did not know what to do, but your advise was appreciated.
And being Punta Gorda (Hurricane ravaged) I didn't think I'd be able
to get a plumber out for such a small job. Craftsmen are in short
supply down here!

Again - Thanks!

Posts like yours are nice to see once in a while...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Leaky Hose Bib Omalley Home Repair 10 August 11th 05 03:02 AM
1" flexible hose with threaded ends? Bob Metalworking 53 June 21st 05 03:56 PM
1" flexible hose with threaded ends? Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 49 June 21st 05 03:56 PM
How to fix my garden hose? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 5 April 21st 05 09:29 PM
Foul odor from kitchen sink spray hose blu4899 Home Ownership 1 May 8th 04 11:56 PM