Default driveway needs buildup section of concrete

Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my
drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains. the
section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center. Can I
just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must the whole
sectrion be a mimimum thickness.
Stan
Joseph Meehan

uriah wrote:
Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my
drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains. the
section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center. Can I
just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must the whole
sectrion be a mimimum thickness.
Stan

Rather than add concrete to the top, contract your local mud jackers and
get an estimate. They drill holes about 3" in diameter and pump concrete
under the pad and lift it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Unfortunately the section is part of an unbroken slab inclucing 50" of
driveway and carport.
Stan

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:41:21 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

uriah wrote:
Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my
drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains. the
section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center. Can I
just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must the whole
sectrion be a mimimum thickness.
Stan

Rather than add concrete to the top, contract your local mud jackers and
get an estimate. They drill holes about 3" in diameter and pump concrete
under the pad and lift it.

Joseph Meehan

uriah wrote:
Unfortunately the section is part of an unbroken slab inclucing 50" of
driveway and carport.
Stan

Why is that unfortunate? It sounds to me like it is still a very good
candidate for mud jacking.

wrote:

uriah wrote:
Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my
drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains.
the section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center.
Can I just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must
the whole sectrion be a mimimum thickness.
Stan

Rather than add concrete to the top, contract your local mud
jackers and get an estimate. They drill holes about 3" in diameter
and pump concrete under the pad and lift it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Joseph Meehan

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:50:06 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

uriah wrote:
Unfortunately the section is part of an unbroken slab inclucing 50"
of driveway and carport.
Stan

Why is that unfortunate? It sounds to me like it is still a very
good candidate for mud jacking.

How is adding mud going to help the situation when errosion is the
original problem?

They call it mud jacking, because the concrete they use looks like mud.
It is concrete. They drill holes (about 3" diameter) and pump it under
pressure to raise the existing concrete. The mix will fill the voids under
the existing slab. I watched them do this all around our statehouse about
10 years ago. Since then nothing has moved. I was surprised it worked as
well as it did.

wrote:

uriah wrote:
Due to general errosion throughout neighborhood one section of my
drive way needsa build up layer due to water and mud after rains.
the section is 15' by 12'. 0"at both ends and 3"in the center.
Can I just acid wash the section and fill in with concrete or must
the whole sectrion be a mimimum thickness.
Stan

Rather than add concrete to the top, contract your local mud
jackers and get an estimate. They drill holes about 3" in diameter
and pump concrete under the pad and lift it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I think the concrete retaining walls I put in will mitagate the
erosion. How can you pump up the small section on concrete I need
higher without the rest of the continious slab cracking. I am just
seeking to repair a small section in an ecnomical manner

Whats the best way to fill in this section?