seniorgeezer

Default HVAC Control Panel

I am replacing an old HVAC control unit with a new one ... but wire
markings are different. The instructions with the new unit are
unclear. Old unit is WeatherTron New is LUX.

Old - R, T, O, G, Y, X2, B, U, W. New - G,Y,W,RH,B,O,RC. Which wire
goes to which wire?

Thanks for help.

Bob

TURTLE

"seniorgeezer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am replacing an old HVAC control unit with a new one ... but wire
markings are different. The instructions with the new unit are
unclear. Old unit is WeatherTron New is LUX.

Old - R, T, O, G, Y, X2, B, U, W. New - G,Y,W,RH,B,O,RC. Which wire
goes to which wire?

Thanks for help.

Bob

This is Turtle.

Here Hold My beer and Watch this !

first a lot of the Old WeatherTron units was heat pumps and the thermostat you
have will not deal with the X 2 , U , and T teminals. If not a heat pump read
below.

If not a heat pump here goes;

OLD NEW THERMOSTAT

R ----------------- Rh / RC
G ----------------- G
Y ----------------- Y
W ---------------- W
Tape off others.

Now Hand me my Beer Back !

TURTLE

seniorgeezer

Turns out I do have a heat pump ... so it looks like my control will
not work?

The old control unit works, it just doesn't have a lot of the
programming features of the new control unit.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bob

Scott McDaniel

Your old thermostat (I"m assuming that's what you're talking about) is not a
"Weathertron" ... that's the name of your unit.

Your new thermostat won't work on a multi-stage heat pump, but would work on
a single stage heat pump (betting you're got a multi-stage). Take it back
(assuming they'll give you your money back, which I doubt) and buy a decent
thermostat (NOT a LUX - that's a real piece of ****) designed for a
multi-stage heat pump. Should be an 800 number for assistance with wiring
connections (hint: you won't use the wire from the T terminal on the old
thermostat).
--
Scott McDaniel
InfoTrakker Software

"seniorgeezer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Turns out I do have a heat pump ... so it looks like my control will
not work?

The old control unit works, it just doesn't have a lot of the
programming features of the new control unit.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bob

hvactech2

On 8 Aug 2005 05:53:59 -0700, "seniorgeezer"
wrote:

I am replacing an old HVAC control unit with a new one ... but wire
markings are different. The instructions with the new unit are
unclear. Old unit is WeatherTron New is LUX.

Old - R, T, O, G, Y, X2, B, U, W. New - G,Y,W,RH,B,O,RC. Which wire
goes to which wire?

Thanks for help.

Bob

Is this a heat pump? It looks as though it is by the old designations.
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

seniorgeezer

Yes, it turns out that it is a heat pump.

bob