Scott McDaniel

Your old thermostat (I"m assuming that's what you're talking about) is not a
"Weathertron" ... that's the name of your unit.

Your new thermostat won't work on a multi-stage heat pump, but would work on
a single stage heat pump (betting you're got a multi-stage). Take it back
(assuming they'll give you your money back, which I doubt) and buy a decent
thermostat (NOT a LUX - that's a real piece of ****) designed for a
multi-stage heat pump. Should be an 800 number for assistance with wiring
connections (hint: you won't use the wire from the T terminal on the old
thermostat).
--
Scott McDaniel
InfoTrakker Software

"seniorgeezer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Turns out I do have a heat pump ... so it looks like my control will
not work?

The old control unit works, it just doesn't have a lot of the
programming features of the new control unit.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bob