Jim Beaver

Default Stamped concrete driveway

Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture, pattern,
and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life examples
soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject? Preferably with
reasons?

Jim Beaver

Doug Kanter

"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture,
pattern, and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life
examples soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject?
Preferably with reasons?

Jim Beaver

Does it snow where you live? If yes, are there time when you shovel or plow,
and enjoy when the sun comes out and the melted stuff runs off the driveway
so it doesn't re-freeze and make the driveway hazardous? Will textures
interfere with this drainage process?

HotRod

Have a lot of these in the town where I live and I love the look of it. I
think I even prefer it over bricked driveways. All of the ones I've seen
seem to have held up very well.

"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture,
pattern, and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life
examples soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject?
Preferably with reasons?

Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture,
pattern, and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life
examples soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject?
Preferably with reasons?

Jim Beaver

Does it snow where you live? If yes, are there time when you shovel or
plow, and enjoy when the sun comes out and the melted stuff runs off the
driveway so it doesn't re-freeze and make the driveway hazardous? Will
textures interfere with this drainage process?

I'm in sunny Southern California, where snow is something occasionally seen
through the smog on faraway mountains. Haven't seen any ice yet. ;-)

Jim Beaver

Doug Kanter

.. .

"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture,
pattern, and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life
examples soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject?
Preferably with reasons?

Jim Beaver

Does it snow where you live? If yes, are there time when you shovel or
plow, and enjoy when the sun comes out and the melted stuff runs off the
driveway so it doesn't re-freeze and make the driveway hazardous? Will
textures interfere with this drainage process?

I'm in sunny Southern California, where snow is something occasionally
seen through the smog on faraway mountains. Haven't seen any ice yet. ;-)

Jim Beaver

In that case, invite your favorite movie stars to put their handprints or
other body parts in your cement.

Bob G.

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:06:17 -0400, "HotRod"
wrote:

Have a lot of these in the town where I live and I love the look of it. I
think I even prefer it over bricked driveways. All of the ones I've seen
seem to have held up very well.

About 10 or more years ago I noticed a driveway up in Penna that
looked cool...and the guy who owned the house was out cutting his
lawn... so I asked him about the driveway...

Yep : Concrete: Colored, poured and stamped

Just last month when I was inthat town agian I looked it over and to
be very honest it still looks darn good... Just judging from this
driveeay I would have to say it held up extremely well... .

Bob G.