Default Best Outdoor Motion Lights (Brass)

Replacing a Heath/Zenith outdoor motion light (brass) that's given up
the ghost.

Seems to me that the Heath/Zenith motion lights aren't really worth the
money; in my experience, they don't last very long and the motion
sensing is tenuous at best.

Is this just my imagination? If not, is there a better manufacturer
that I should be looking at for an outdoor coach motion light?

Your thoughts, appreciated.

Roger Taylor

Replacing a Heath/Zenith outdoor motion light (brass) that's given up
the ghost.
Seems to me that the Heath/Zenith motion lights aren't really worth the
money; in my experience, they don't last very long and the motion
sensing is tenuous at best.
Is this just my imagination? If not, is there a better manufacturer
that I should be looking at for an outdoor coach motion light?
Your thoughts, appreciated.

The $60.00 Heath Zenith "Journeyman" lights I bought at Home Depot 5 or 6
years ago are working very well, have sealed control units, and since they
have a lifetime warrantee, I have recourse if something fails. The cheaper
units have light level sensors that often fail, or are hard to set for
proper light sensitivity, and tend to trigger too easily with wind moving
leaves, etc. You may have one of the lifetime models. It is worth checking
out, online.

M.Paul

I fully agree that the "Journeyman" lights are worth the $60 at Home Depot.
I've had absolutely no problems with it for 6 years...no more coming home
from a week-long vacations to find that the lights have been stuck ON for
who knows how long. I have gone through many of the cheaper models (now in
the landfill) and none were nearly as reliable as the Journeyman which is
the last one I have needed to purchase.
M.Paul

"Roger Taylor" wrote in message

[...]

World Traveler

Same experience -- with cheaper products I had to occasionally replace
broken sensors. The H-Z life-time guaranteed lights that I installed when
moving into this house in 1999 have survived four hurricanes and torrential
rains, and my only investment has been to replace two (of 16!) bulbs that
burned out. Regards --