Senin

Default Leaking Fountain

I have a fountain of a woman pouring water from a bowl. It is made of
the faux cement that they use to make those things. There is obviously
a leak because I have to keep refilling it once a week. Though I have
yet to be able to detect the leak. Does anyone have any methods for
detecting the leak? I was thinking about food coloring.

Then, what is the best method to fix it?

Colbyt

"Senin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a fountain of a woman pouring water from a bowl. It is made of
the faux cement that they use to make those things. There is obviously
a leak because I have to keep refilling it once a week. Though I have
yet to be able to detect the leak. Does anyone have any methods for
detecting the leak? I was thinking about food coloring.

Then, what is the best method to fix it?

I think I might be feeding a troll but just in case I'm not,

In normal summer time heat simple evaporation could very well be the cause.
Moving water evaporates much quicker than standing water. Our small pond
loses about 1/2" per day in the really hot weather.

If you do in fact have a leak you should be able to find some dampness
somewhere. The most likely place to look would be where any hose enters or
exits the reservoir or the depth of the bowl where the water stops dropping.

Silicone sealer applied to a completely dry surface will stop most minor
leaks.

Colbyt

Senin

No Troll here.

Thanks for the response. But my fountains is losing a lot of water.
The problem also is that there are bushes around the back of it and it
is hard to get at.

Alan

On 31 Jul 2005 16:14:21 -0700, "Senin" wrote:

I have a fountain of a woman pouring water from a bowl. It is made of
the faux cement that they use to make those things. There is obviously
a leak because I have to keep refilling it once a week. Though I have
yet to be able to detect the leak. Does anyone have any methods for
detecting the leak? I was thinking about food coloring.

Then, what is the best method to fix it?

When mine seemed to be leaking, the only place I could see where it
could possibly be leaking was around the pipe that the cord goes down
through. I unscrewed it, put on some teflon tape, and screwed it back
in. Seems to be ok now. If yours does not have a pipe like mine,
then I have no ideas.
Stormin Mormon

Depending whereyou are (I'm near Rochester NY, and it's qutie humid) you are
probably losing water to evaporation. Rochester would lose water more slowly
cause it's humid. If you're in Arizona, you'd evaporte water more quickly.

Food coloring is a good idea. How to repair depends on what's leaking.
Tubing, you replace. Cracked cement, you'd likely use white epoxy.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

oups.com...