Colbyt

"Senin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a fountain of a woman pouring water from a bowl. It is made of
the faux cement that they use to make those things. There is obviously
a leak because I have to keep refilling it once a week. Though I have
yet to be able to detect the leak. Does anyone have any methods for
detecting the leak? I was thinking about food coloring.

Then, what is the best method to fix it?

I think I might be feeding a troll but just in case I'm not,

In normal summer time heat simple evaporation could very well be the cause.
Moving water evaporates much quicker than standing water. Our small pond
loses about 1/2" per day in the really hot weather.

If you do in fact have a leak you should be able to find some dampness
somewhere. The most likely place to look would be where any hose enters or
exits the reservoir or the depth of the bowl where the water stops dropping.

Silicone sealer applied to a completely dry surface will stop most minor
leaks.

Colbyt