Rick Onanian

Default Dimmable compact fluorescents

Anybody experienced with multiple brands of dimmable CFLs? I'd like to
hear how different brands measure up. I have 20 watt Harmony Lightwiz
dimmable CFLs ( http://harmonylight.com/catalog.html ) which get very
bright, but only get moderately dim; they claim to dim to 20%.

Buylighting.com has Microbrite CFLs, available in 5 or 8 watts, which
claim to dim to 10%. Has anybody used these?

How about other brands?

Thanks,
Rick

allan

I am interested in dimmable cfl where do you get them and how much do
they cost.

On 31 Jul 2005 06:02:50 -0700, "Rick Onanian"
wrote:

Anybody experienced with multiple brands of dimmable CFLs? I'd like to
hear how different brands measure up. I have 20 watt Harmony Lightwiz
dimmable CFLs ( http://harmonylight.com/catalog.html ) which get very
bright, but only get moderately dim; they claim to dim to 20%.

Buylighting.com has Microbrite CFLs, available in 5 or 8 watts, which
claim to dim to 10%. Has anybody used these?

How about other brands?

Thanks,
Rick

Don Klipstein

In article .com, Rick
Onanian wrote:
Anybody experienced with multiple brands of dimmable CFLs? I'd like to
hear how different brands measure up. I have 20 watt Harmony Lightwiz
dimmable CFLs ( http://harmonylight.com/catalog.html ) which get very
bright, but only get moderately dim; they claim to dim to 20%.

Buylighting.com has Microbrite CFLs, available in 5 or 8 watts, which
claim to dim to 10%. Has anybody used these?

How about other brands?

Philips SLS 23 watt dimmable, available at Home Depot. I don't have any
personal experience, but among the many complaints I hear of specific CFLs
I have yet to hear any about this one.

This one is compatible with recessed ceiling fixtures, although life is
likely to be affected by the heat more than that of lower wattage SLS.
The 25 watt SLS comes with a warning to not use in recessed ceiling
fixtures nor small enclosed fixtures. Most other screw-in CFLs of similar
and higher wattage are not to be used in recessed ceiling fixtures.

- Don Klipstein )