Doug Kanter

Default Range has no place to connect gas

wrote in message
We just bought a new kitchen range and I went to hook it up. There's
a problem. There is no pipe on the back of it to connect the gas flex
tube. I have looked everywhere on it, and just no pipe at all. Worse
yet, the plug on this thing is way too big to fit in an outlet. In
fact it even looks weird and would never fit in any outlet. I dont
care about the plug because thats just for the light in the oven, but
the gas problem is serious because I cant use the stove without it.
The tag says Whirlpool WERE4100P Electric Range.

You're kidding, right?

Wow.
Many posts on this group receive unwarranted and undeserved sarcasm.
This one deserves a little. Here's my contribution.

Modern gas ranges are now wireless. Just let the gas fill the room.
The weird looking plug is the antenna for the wireless so the gas knows
where to go. (Sarcasm - don't fill your house with gas)

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow.
Many posts on this group receive unwarranted and undeserved sarcasm.
This one deserves a little. Here's my contribution.

Modern gas ranges are now wireless. Just let the gas fill the room.
The weird looking plug is the antenna for the wireless so the gas knows
where to go. (Sarcasm - don't fill your house with gas)

What was the name of that Charles Bronson movie where he liquidates a victim
by filling the apartment with gas?

Bob Vaughan

In article ,
Doug Kanter wrote:

What was the name of that Charles Bronson movie where he liquidates a victim
by filling the apartment with gas?

The Mechanic (1972) (probably, but it's been many years since I saw it)
Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 10:10:39a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

We just bought a new kitchen range and I went to hook it up. There's
a problem. There is no pipe on the back of it to connect the gas flex
tube. I have looked everywhere on it, and just no pipe at all. Worse
yet, the plug on this thing is way too big to fit in an outlet. In
fact it even looks weird and would never fit in any outlet. I dont
care about the plug because thats just for the light in the oven, but
the gas problem is serious because I cant use the stove without it.
The tag says Whirlpool WERE4100P Electric Range.

Remove the grids over the burners and arrange a circle of charcoal briquettes
around the burner. Ignite, then wait until the coals are ashen. Replace
grid and cook while the fire is hot.

To heat the oven, build a charcoal fire in the storage drawer underneath the
oven. Make it a rather large fire if you're going to bake for any period of
time.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-3, 07/29/2005
Tested on: 7/31/2005 6:10:28 PM