James Gifford

Default Emerson SW375 Ceiling Fan Receiver Programming

KEYWORDS: Emerson, AirDesign, SW375, SW330, SW350, program, programming,
deprogram, deprogramming, code, learn, learning, codelearn, codelearning

I just received this information from Emerson's technical support group,
and as it's undocumented (anywhere I was able to find it, anyway!) and
extremely useful, I thought I'd throw it out on the bitstream. If you
find this in a search a few years from now and it solves this pesky
problem, yay!

Most Emerson ceiling fans need a matched controller/receiver, the SW375,
to function. These receivers are matched to either the wireless SW330
control or the wall-mounted SW350 control (which appear to work
identically via RF signals, incidentally!) by "code learning" the desired
control to the desired fan.

If you only have one fan/receiver/control set, you're unlikely to ever
encounter the problem of one remote controlling multiple fans. However, I
have three, and for various reasons have switched around the receivers
and controls, and ran into the annoying problem of a remote in one part
of the house controlling more than one fan - even a fan quite some
distance away.

If there is any information about "un-code-learning" or erasing the
memory in the SW375, so that a particular remote will no longer actuate
it, it's not recorded anywhere - including in the large and comprehensive
installation and use manual that comes with each Emerson component.

The solution turns out to be extremely simple, and revolves around this
fact: each receiver can store up to four remote codes. The remotes issue
control codes something like Genie's Intellicode, where a rolling code is
generated each time the learning button is pressed. (That might not be
completely correct, but it's the gist of it and functionally correct!)

So: If you have receiver A and have matched it to remote A, and then
install another fan (B) and accidentally code remote A or B to the wrong
fan, you'll get overlapping control. The fix is this: overwrite all four
codes in the receiver with the correct remote. This will push out codes
from any other remote and leave the receiver and fan operating ONLY with
the correct one.

1) Turn off all Emerson fans at the wall switch or circuit breaker.
2) Turn on power to the fan you want to program or reprogram. The
receiver will beep.
3) IMMEDIATELY press the code-learn button. Each time a code is learned
by the receiver, it will give a double beep. DON'T release the code-learn
button until the receiver has double-beeped at least four times.

Voila - that fan will no longer operate with any but the remote you just
used to program it.

On the SW350 wall controller, there is a specific code-learn button. On
the SW330 handheld controller, you press the SLEEP and SELECT buttons
simultaneously to send a code-learn. You have to send all code-learn
signals (from all the remotes you want to operate that fan, up to four)
within about two minutes of first powering up the receiver. Be absolutely
certain that all other fans are POWERED OFF or they might pick up the
code-learn too, starting the whole mess over again. Also, if you're going
to program multiple remotes to a controller, be sure to let only the
FIRST one beep four times (to clear any old codes), then do ONE code-
learn beep from each successive remote. Otherwise you'll clear out remote
codes you want to keep.

Hey, I was thrilled to learn this trick. Hope you are, too. Someday.

--
|=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
|=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to James Gifford, Az denny wrote:
Thank you!!!

Your directions worked perfect.
This made a job that could have taken hours and reduced it to minutes.
😉😉😉😉😉😉😗

** nsp wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to James Gifford, Emelge wrote:
nsp wrote:

[...]

Thank you for posting this, it's still helping years later! Now, if I can
find your post on fixing the light pad on the wall mount!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Emelge, passerby wrote:
Emelge wrote:

Thank you for posting this, it's still helping years later! Now, if I can

find
your post on fixing the light pad on the wall mount!

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ms-564894-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.automation

replying to James Gifford, Paul M Bouthilet wrote:
I have an Emerson ceiling fan controlled by a SR330 remote paired to a SW375
receiver. I wished to reverse the fan from the winter setting and turned the
fan off by depressing the fan button, so far everything is OK. Reversed the
fan direction via the remote and pressed the fan button but nothing happened,
no beep or movement of the fan blades. Changes batteries and retried to
restart the fan. Again no beep or fan action. Turn power to the fan off and
on, heard a beep. Within a few seconds of the beep I simultaneously pressed
the Select and Sleep buttons, nothing happened suggesting the fan receiver had
received the transmitter code. I have tried this last procedure several times
without success. FYI the fan is up about 25 feet above the floor. Perhaps the
receiver is faulty but, if so, why did it respond to the initial fan shutdown
command and acknowledge the repowering activation. Any suggestions to solve my
problem would be appreciated.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ing-15254-.htm