Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default How to reattach shingles so that nails don't show

In order to attach a ledger and apply flashing for an addition
to the side of my house, I had to cut out several rows of cedar
shingle siding. I am now refinishing the roof and reattaching the
cedar shingles along the roofline over the flashing. Because I cut
out rows of shingles, there is no way I can reattach with the proper
overlap from the bottom up, without removing all the shingles above.
I can cut the shingles to the right length and nail them in to the
missing row, but then the nail heads will be showing. Is there
any other way to reattach cedar shingles? Can I for example use
construction adhesive? Thanks,

--
Jeff