twfsa

Default Painting roof shingles

I added on to my house and had to remove a section of shingles about three
foot into the existing roof.

The old shingles are a antique gray which are no longer available, I had to
use a gray mix shingle which don't match or come close, the old roof is in
great shape.

I was thinking of trying to spray the gray mix shingles, (there's too much
white in them) to tone them down a bit so the difference in color would not
be so noticeable where they meet the old roof.

There is a new galvanize valley separating old from new roof, that helps.

Anyone ever spray or brush shingles to enhance the color.

A complete new roof is in the $5K range and not in the budget.

Thanks
Tom

Randd01

My father inlaw painted his shingles on his roof white to make it cooler then
the black. That was 25 years ago and hasn't fowled up yet.
Pop

Wow, I bet that took a LOT of paint! Shingles have a LARGE
surface area!

"Randd01" wrote in message
| My father inlaw painted his shingles on his roof white to make
it cooler then
| the black. That was 25 years ago and hasn't fowled up yet.

Randd01

Hey it worked! Cooled the house off quite a bit. Yes it was latex.