G.T. Tyson

Default ceiling fan lubrication?

Our ceiling fan in the den, after approx. 10 years of good service, has
suddenly began emitting annoying squeaks and rattles. I looked inside
the "cowling" and found nothing loose, but the motor was hot as blazes
and I nearly burned myself on it. The blades are all securely tightened
on. The motor appears to be entirely enclosed. Is there a way to oil it,
or should I start shopping around for a new one?

GTTyson
TURTLE

"G.T. Tyson" wrote in message
om...

Our ceiling fan in the den, after approx. 10 years of good service, has
suddenly began emitting annoying squeaks and rattles. I looked inside the
"cowling" and found nothing loose, but the motor was hot as blazes and I
nearly burned myself on it. The blades are all securely tightened on. The
motor appears to be entirely enclosed. Is there a way to oil it, or should I
start shopping around for a new one?

GTTyson

This is Turtle.

Most fan can be oiled plain motor oil and no penitrating oil , if you can
figure it out but Do start pricing new ones in the near future.

TURTLE

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

The 'enclosure' is easy to remove and you can replace the bearings for
about $12.00.

I have done this to fans I have found in the trash, so I now have
silent fans for virtually no cost.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.